Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafaël Theunis
Belgium
Antwerpen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I have played the game twice now and I really like this game. I do still have a couple of questions:

1/ when you own both the courier and express courier card, can you use both on the same wagon in one turn? For instance: the courier is one step away from a wagon. With the courier card, I move him on the same spot and receive a green card. Then, I move the wagon two spaces. Finally, I move the courier again and he ends up on the same spot as the wagon I just moved. I would assume you receive a second green card, but is this allowed?

2/ same question with the coach driver card. The rules state that you get two extra movement points you can use on the same wagon. We had a case where one wagon was in one city, and another was arriving in e same city, and was two spaces away from that city. The courier was next to the arriving wagon. What I did was: I use my first bonus movement point to get wagon A out of the city. I play my "2" movement card and move wagon B into the city. I now use my second bonus movement point to move wagon A one step further, and it now ends on the spot where wagon B started, i.e. Where the courier still stands and I get a green card. Correct?

3/ when you get to the intersections, it seems you have to follow certain directions. For instance: when leaving Genova, you HAVE to end in Köln, and from Köln you can travel to any city except Paris. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-François Gagné
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
regulus wrote:

1/ when you own both the courier and express courier card, can you use both on the same wagon in one turn? For instance: the courier is one step away from a wagon. With the courier card, I move him on the same spot and receive a green card. Then, I move the wagon two spaces. Finally, I move the courier again and he ends up on the same spot as the wagon I just moved. I would assume you receive a second green card, but is this allowed?

Actually, once the wagon meets the courrier, the active player may no longer move that wagon. Thus, it is not possible to obtain two cards from the same wagon in the same turn. You could, however, move the courier again if another wagon was within 1 or 2 spaces from the other wagon.

regulus wrote:
2/ same question with the coach driver card. The rules state that you get two extra movement points you can use on the same wagon. We had a case where one wagon was in one city, and another was arriving in e same city, and was two spaces away from that city. The courier was next to the arriving wagon. What I did was: I use my first bonus movement point to get wagon A out of the city. I play my "2" movement card and move wagon B into the city. I now use my second bonus movement point to move wagon A one step further, and it now ends on the spot where wagon B started, i.e. Where the courier still stands and I get a green card. Correct?

Yes.

regulus wrote:
3/ when you get to the intersections, it seems you have to follow certain directions. For instance: when leaving Genova, you HAVE to end in Köln, and from Köln you can travel to any city except Paris. Is this correct?

Although the board does lead to this interpretation, the rules clearly say: Branching paths: The player who reaches a junction decides which
path the wagon takes

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaël Theunis
Belgium
Antwerpen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great, thanks a lot!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.