Recommend
28 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

The Thing» Forums » General

Subject: Visual THING Deck Guide rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently, a few people have emailed/geekmailed me with regards to the many decks this game possesses. If I had any skill with PDFs, I would have remedied this matter in the body of the main rules, but I have no ability in that regard - so you will have this instead, my friends.


Here are the game's decks:


Oupost #31 Player decks:




THING player decks:




Event and Encounter deck:




Task cards and tool shed:




Character cards:




PC-Thing Action cards (5-6 player cards only):




Final event binary selection cards:




Destruction deck:




Suspicion cards (5-6 player cards only):




And there you have it - hope that this is useful, guys.



22 
 Thumb up
1.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Mind if I upload a new version of your rules with these included?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Awesome! Mind if I upload a new version of your rules with these included?


Sure. Great idea.

If you send me them first, I could correct 2 other small things.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent...I'm on a Mac right now, so don't want to edit a Word doc, but when I get to work tomorrow I'll try to get in some work on this!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Excellent...I'm on a Mac right now, so don't want to edit a Word doc, but when I get to work tomorrow I'll try to get in some work on this!


How is this progressing, Clyde?


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, maybe this afternoon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Birmingham
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Waiting with bated breath
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see the multi-player Infection cards (which are supposed to be added/removed from the deck depending on the number of players).

What do the multi-player Infection cards look like?

Which deck are the multi-player Infection cards to be placed, or are they just a separate deck, or does the Thing player hold them all at start?

Help! Completely at sea here!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr Niemand wrote:
I don't see the multi-player Infection cards (which are supposed to be added/removed from the deck depending on the number of players).

What do the multi-player Infection cards look like?

Which deck are the multi-player Infection cards to be placed, or are they just a separate deck, or does the Thing player hold them all at start?

Help! Completely at sea here!


Here you go, Tim:




1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Merci mille fois!

Without your help here, I would never have figured this out. Seriously. I had been under the impression that the Human and Infected cards were the ones to be removed!

So, it looks like these puppies are shuffled into Thing Deck 1? Or does the Thing player hold them all at start?

Sorry I'm having such trouble with the rules. Can't even begin yet, really.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr Niemand wrote:
Merci mille fois!

Without your help here, I would never have figured this out. Seriously. I had been under the impression that the Human and Infected cards were the ones to be removed!

So, it looks like these puppies are shuffled into Thing Deck 1? Or does the Thing player hold them all at start?

Sorry I'm having such trouble with the rules. Can't even begin yet, really.


Yes.

Please note: Make sure you haven’t included any of the multi-player infection cards when playing the 2-player game.

Before play begins, in games with three or more players, you must do the following using the multi-player infection cards:

3-player game:

• Take 1 Infected! card and 2 Human cards.
• Shuffle them.
• Randomly remove 1 card from the game, unseen.
• Put the remaining 2 cards into Thing deck #1.

4-player game:

• Take 2 Infected! cards and 3 Human cards.
• Shuffle them.
• Randomly remove 2 cards from the game, unseen.
• Put the remaining 3 cards into Thing deck #1.

5-player game:

• Take 2 Infected! cards and 3 Human cards.
• Shuffle them.
• Randomly remove 1 card from the game, unseen.
• Put the remaining 4 cards into Thing deck #1.
• Place a 4-card Suspicion deck in the Thing’s play area, consisting of 3 false suspicion cards and 1 Thing suspicion card.

6-player game:

• Take 3 Infected! cards and 4 Human cards.
• Shuffle them.
• Randomly remove 2 cards from the game, unseen.
• Put the remaining 5 cards into Thing deck #1.
• Place a 5-card Suspicion deck in the Thing’s play area, consisting of 4 false suspicion cards and 1 Thing suspicion card.

If you do not organise the multi-player infection cards in this way, you can create a situation whereby all the players become infected – what a game that would be!

The cards are arranged slightly differently for 5 and 6 players, to ensure that at least one of the PCs will become a Thing.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.