Subject: OK with fewer pieces? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
I support Wikileaks. I am anonymous.... I am an atheist...... I obey copyleft....... The Pirate Bay user.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anyone that has played Essential(or Turmbauer) that can say if there are enough pieces for a great game?
I'm a little worried that there always will be no pieces left before the tower collapses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pony Casts Fire
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both the original and essential, and I've almost always run out of pieces with essential. I was considering getting a second set. Although, I think the pieces in the original were put together better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played the original so I can't compare to there being more pieces but I feel like Essential lasts just the right amount of time for what I am looking for. (You do usually run out of pieces though). Perhaps with more pieces it is more likely that the tower will fall to end the game?

In sum, I've never been left wanting more. It is a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
I support Wikileaks. I am anonymous.... I am an atheist...... I obey copyleft....... The Pirate Bay user.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orph wrote:
I've played both the original and essential, and I've almost always run out of pieces with essential. I was considering getting a second set. Although, I think the pieces in the original were put together better.

so the pieces have broke? or why do you think they're put together badly?
When turmbauer is released in Europe Im planning on buying me a copy so I will definitely consider buying a second one as well just to make sure I don't run out of pieces. little bit of an anticlimax in the end of the game to run out of pieces!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
do the pieces from two copies fit in one box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goonzo wrote:
Orph wrote:

so the pieces have broke? or why do you think they're put together badly?
When turmbauer is released in Europe Im planning on buying me a copy so I will definitely consider buying a second one as well just to make sure I don't run out of pieces. little bit of an anticlimax in the end of the game to run out of pieces!

My pieces have not broken, but a few pieces were glued badly. However, they are still functional and play well. I think the amount pieces is okay (essential), games don't last too long and the tower get big enough. Plus, when playing a two player game, each player takes two different colors, and most of our games are two player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pony Casts Fire
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the pieces aren't glued together as regularly as they were in the original. They aren't unplayable, but they are uneven enough to be a bit annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orph wrote:
Yeah, the pieces aren't glued together as regularly as they were in the original. They aren't unplayable, but they are uneven enough to be a bit annoying.

Sounds really annoying..
Too bad they have cut corners(unintended pun) in the production.. They will probably have a lot of unsatisfied customers. I'm having second thoughts buying this now..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally I was able to buy myself a copy of Turmbauer.
Ive played it twice(four player games) and all pieces were used(thus the tower did not fall). Its rather pleasing in a way to be able to play it to the end but I would have wanted a few more pieces - just to get it a little bit harder.

The pieces seemed to be good quality and are evenly glued together. That was one of my greatest concerns but it turned out great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Pfennighaus

Millburn
New Jersey
msg tools
Cover your heart!
mbmbmbmbmb
So is Essential half of the original set? I can buy two boxes of Essential and that gets me the original?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mxpf wrote:
So is Essential half of the original set? I can buy two boxes of Essential and that gets me the original?

Yep, that's correct. I ended up buying two copies and I don't regret it. I think it would be too few pieces otherwise. Last game I played we used up all pieces with four players(using two copies).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.