Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafael Fernández Cima
Spain
Avilés
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game.
But it's very difficult play with Railways in home me and my wife. We try it with the New Mexico map, and England and Wales. It's is good, but not perfect for two players.

And this expansion? Could be the perfect two-players-train-boardgame?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would actually say no. As enthusiastic about this expansion I was in the beginning. after a few plays it turns out most people I've played with didn't really like it. Takes longer than your normal map too.

This isn't specific to 2 players either.

If your feeling mildly handy there a couple really good maps for 2 players out there that are print and play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
I would actually say no. As enthusiastic about this expansion I was in the beginning. after a few plays it turns out most people I've played with didn't really like it. Takes longer than your normal map too.

This isn't specific to 2 players either.

If your feeling mildly handy there a couple really good maps for 2 players out there that are print and play.

I'll chime in with a dissenting opinion here. We've only played it once, with 4 players, but we all loved it. 2 players had only played England, and the others were experienced with England, Eastern US, and Europe. One player said it was his second favorite map after Eastern US. The time warps give you so many delivery options that it's a very different game. I found the game length to be about the same as other maps, if not shorter. It seemed like there were a lot of empty city markers left to play, and then in one turn we cleared out the pile.

Again, that's just based on one game, but I just wanted to throw that out there as a counter point to the other post. We'll definitely be playing more of it.

What's wrong with Mexico as a 2-player board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that our group's favorite two player maps are:
Mexico with jason's cards
Japan (fan RRT map)

The beauty of Railways Through Time is all of the options that the time warps give. But those options only start to shine with 3 or 4 maps in play... but that is too many maps for a 2 player game (low player interaction).

IMHO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Cowan
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:

Hi,

What maps specifically? I do love RotW, but we also have a hard time finding more than two players to play.

I certainly don't mind printing out and putting together. I did get your "Tolkoon Map", but I don't think it's geared much for two players cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Elora
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hcowan wrote:
Hi,

What maps specifically? I do love RotW, but we also have a hard time finding more than two players to play.

I certainly don't mind printing out and putting together. I did get your "Tolkoon Map", but I don't think it's geared much for two players cry

I was about to provide a link for you but then I saw that you are a Toronto Argos fan. This caused considerable conflict in my decision to help.

But, since my Hamilton Ti-Cats are higher in the standings, and we beat you last time, I have decided to offer my help anyways - Railways of the World Maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Fernández Cima
Spain
Avilés
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all of you for you quick response, guys!!

Very usefull. I will think on it, but I supouse the best choic will be Mexico, Japan and other P&P maps for two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender
Estonia
Tallinn
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am fairly sure there are expansions better fit to 2-player needs. If to talk only of the current expansions (excluding P&P, I have had the best results with Railways of England, less so but still enjoyable with Railways of Europe (far better with 3).

I feel that Railroad Tycoon (the predecessor) was not designed as a 2-3 player game, but rather one with high player interaction. Railways of the World, although not changing much in the core, provides games fine-tuned for different numbers of players in the expansions, I feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.