United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
how sweet the sound...
badge
Fear The Hat !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's the same game, with new characters? I always hoped there would be new missions more than just adding characters. My feelings on the game right now are that this mission is complete, give me some more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geddy Lee
msg tools
weed131 wrote:
So it's the same game, with new characters? I always hoped there would be new missions more than just adding characters. My feelings on the game right now are that this mission is complete, give me some more.
can you even call 3 figures an expansion they have had ample time to do it.They should drop the ball on it if its in the works before they risk dissintrest which is border line right now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i too am disappointed if only crew. thinking about the roles pandemic expansion introduced, i can see how getting new characters can be good for replayability but we definately need more than characters to keep the game fresh. my hunch is there will be more than these characters. also looking at original description of game: This product is designed as a non-collectible, non-blind, all-in-one-and-done game, but is built upon the "expandable" board game model meaning that down the line, new missions and Crew Members will be made available for folk to play other "episodes"! obviously they could release separate mission pack but i have feeling they'll do combo to judge sales and see whether more expansions will be profitable. perhaps it's wishful thinking of my part lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"explore more strange new worlds.." hits at new missions maybe...ruing by sayign nimbia and klingons though.:-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems these are all designed to beef up the ship combat aspect of the game, I think. I suspect Scotty has a once per turn as an action repair the enterprise a click ability. Sulu will probably have some ability like once per turn exert once to increase your skill check by one. Chekov will have a 'stay of the ship and be useless' ability.

guesses on skills:
Scotty: Engineering, Transportation.
Sulu: Stealth, Combat
Chekov: Transportation. ?

If Scotty gets double transportation and Chekov gets the engineering then it's gonna be a frickin crime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this game but after about a dozen or so plays I could use a few new missions ...

Its almost like they designed the game with 7 characters (after all how could scotty not be in the base game) and then said, "hey lets take out three characters and sell them as an expansion!!"

cmon ... lets have some new missions!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unveilmyeyes wrote:
This product is designed as a non-collectible, non-blind, all-in-one-and-done game, but is built upon the "expandable" board game model meaning that down the line, new missions and Crew Members will be made available for folk to play other "episodes"! obviously they could release separate mission pack but i have feeling they'll do combo to judge sales and see whether more expansions will be profitable. perhaps it's wishful thinking of my part lol

I think they missed out "....and to make as much money as possible "in the final game description? No suprise though, it is a Clix system.

Some mugs will pre-order it though (like me!). shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After only 3 plays I already long for new missions - come on getting new missions out seems rather easy to produce...

Having only miniatures in the expansion makes it a guaranteed DONT BUY for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was contemplating this game but yea, this expansion is a disappointment.

3 Figures is a booster pack, hardly an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.