Shogun: Tenno's Court» Forums » General

Subject: What's wrong with card bonus/favour values? Expansion sux? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bartek K
Poland
flag msg tools
Please someone explain me:

On the most valuable cards in Samurai expansion (fourth bonus) you can choose 1 victory point which is stated to be equally valued as 6 chests, 3 troops or 2 rice.

On the other hand in the Tenno's court 2 victory points are even less valuable than only three chests. Or 2 rice = 2 victory points. 4 troops are less then 3 chests (while in samurai you can get 6 chests what is an alternative for 3 troops).

This expansion TOTALLY sux.

Shogun is perfect and need no expansion. This expansion spoils the game.

"Rescuing" troops from overrun province (usually you do so from provinces with 2 troops in the begining of the game) by putting them into court also sux. Doing so you usually gain even more advantages while such manoeuvre should be some additional cost demnading. After all you save some troops and are priviliged by not participating in unnecessary battle (far from your valuable provinces) and you loose less trops than your opponents.

In short by rescuing troops:
+ You gain more or equallly valued favor.
+ If you succesfuly escape, you don't loose unecessary troops by fighting with your enemy far from your really valuable provinces.
+ This also mean that by not participating in battles you control more forces then your opponents.

Compared with diffrent province distribution for each player (and even diffrent possible pick up's form two possible provinces in the set up), randomly selected favours, wrongly made their values this expansion adds even more luck dependent decissions. And decissions that not every player is able to have.

That's what I think from reading forums, seeing photos and having herad the rules (but heven't see them). Please show me that I'm wrong and that expansion is actually worth something.

The only thing for good I noticed is that you put troops to court that fell out from initial tower load - that brings some ballance. But abillity to sending them from provinces is misunderstanding. From tray is ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.