Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, I know when to refill my hand, so I DO NOT NEED TO BE TOLD HOW TO REFILL MY HAND!!!

I need to know when the cards that are played are discarded.
Example, I play a Jack of hearts, my friend plays an Ace of spades. I put down another Jack to make a pair, he puts down another Ace and wins the faceoff!
He wins and moves the puck, now, what happens to the cards that we've just played? Are they discarded or do we play on them for the next play? Adding? The rules do not say either way. Every other sentence tells you when to reill your damn hand, but nothing to do with this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know the rules to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Del Rio
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joe,

A good way to think about each play is to treat it like a mini-battle for puck possession. The player with the higher hand wins puck possession and once the puck is advanced, that's the end of the play and the played cards can be moved to the discard piles.

In your example, your friend played his second Ace to win the face-off and advanced the puck. That's the end of the battle for puck possession and both players should move the played cards to the discard piles. There is no adding of card values for the next play.

Then play fresh cards from your hands for the next battle for puck possession.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Fabio Del Rio
CSE Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.