Subject: When does combat take place? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Los Ranchos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Nice game, Tom, but have a question for you.

When exactly can combat take place? Do you have to move your two characters and then execute combat? Or, can you execute combat and then move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Jolly
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jeff. I'm glad you've enjoyed it.

Players cannot move after combat. This is primarily to deal with the timing issues, which can be somewhat critical in the game, so it's; "Declare all your attacks, move (2 pieces), resolve attacks." Of course, it's possible to declare attacks that do not require movement to complete their attacks, in which case you can declare an attack, move 2 unrelated pieces, then resolve the attacks.

If you want to play with a house rule that allows you to move after an attack IF you have movement left over, I don't have an issue with that, and most of the time I don't think it'll cause a problem. I was trying to make the system straightforward enough that nobody could argue about it!

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.