Subject: Shooting your mother in law in the face rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Relf
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
flag msg tools
mb
Now, I've played Cash & Guns numerous times over the past few months and every time we've had a laugh. But so far I have only played with friends, with some drinks and no-ones had a problem at pointing a gun at anyone else.

Now we come to the last time I played, about a week ago my wife's family came up and I thought, we've played loud and noisy games before, OK alcohol may have played a large part of the fun but none the less.

But I got the game out and made sure everyone was aware of the rules, it then began and that's when the trouble started, I was really over thinking the choice of who to shoot and this meant that her mum was never an option.

It came to a point in the game where I knew she was bound to win, and my gaming brain said, "Shoot her, she's winning" so in the next round I aimed my gun at my mother in law and I was the only one who did.

After thinking about it, a "Bang, Bang, Bang" Card pointed at her may have been a bad choice but my gaming brain took over clouded my judgment.

It seemed that they thought nothing of it, but I could tell that there was some underlying issue.

So a note to myself and to gamers everywhere, you may want to win and in some games that would be fine. But aiming a gun in you mother in laws face is not a good choice, no matter whether you think you can win or not, just don't do it, it's not worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if i played with my mother in law she would point the gun at me every round.I think you did the right thing though.Not sure how anyone could be offended knowing that having a gun pointed at you is the point(pun intended) of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this, I dot it for school presentation (they don't let me do it all the time, but this is the way I do it) Point the gun on the cardboard, you don't shoot people, you shoot the image.

And me too, if there's one thing sure, she will shoot me first,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
relfy wrote:
Now, I've played Cash & Guns numerous times over the past few months and every time we've had a laugh. But so far I have only played with friends, with some drinks and no-ones had a problem at pointing a gun at anyone else.

Now we come to the last time I played, about a week ago my wife's family came up and I thought, we've played loud and noisy games before, OK alcohol may have played a large part of the fun but none the less.

But I got the game out and made sure everyone was aware of the rules, it then began and that's when the trouble started, I was really over thinking the choice of who to shoot and this meant that her mum was never an option.

It came to a point in the game where I knew she was bound to win, and my gaming brain said, "Shoot her, she's winning" so in the next round I aimed my gun at my mother in law and I was the only one who did.

After thinking about it, a "Bang, Bang, Bang" Card pointed at her may have been a bad choice but my gaming brain took over clouded my judgment.

It seemed that they thought nothing of it, but I could tell that there was some underlying issue.

So a note to myself and to gamers everywhere, you may want to win and in some games that would be fine. But aiming a gun in you mother in laws face is not a good choice, no matter whether you think you can win or not, just don't do it, it's not worth it.

It's either her or you, man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest a new strategy - let the Wookiee win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.