Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I don't get is the additional (and seemingly useless) rule that if Kansas City is urbanized it becomes an eastern city and if either Portland or San Diego can similarly become western cities. Since the bonus for connecting East and West only works with starting E&W cities (i.e. not one that was urbanized into an E or W city), what use is knowing that San Diego is now a western city since being urbanized?

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been a long time since I played that map, but I believe that rule exists because of a rule that requires that players start from an East or West city.

For example, on turn one Bob takes Urbanize and urbanizes Kansas City. Jane, going after Bob in build order, can now start her first rail build from Kansas City because it is considered an East city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse Custer wrote:
What am I missing?

This rule?
Moving a Good from an eastern city to a western city (or vica versa), gains a bonus of $1 for one of the railroads traversed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malachi wrote:
It has been a long time since I played that map, but I believe that rule exists because of a rule that requires that players start from an East or West city.

Yes, but the newly urbanized cities don't count...

Great Dane wrote:
Moving a Good from an eastern city to a western city (or vica versa), gains a bonus of $1 for one of the railroads traversed.

Ah, that's it - thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
And that's what happens when you don't play a may for a long time...

You might want to edit your post, though, since you've attributed the correction to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malachi wrote:

You might want to edit your post, though, since you've attributed the correction to me...

Oops... Done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.