Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As with a number of other wargames PAA has hexes where 2 roads/trails run parallel (do not intersect). If that hex is entered on 1 of them and exited on the other, is only the exited road/trail MP cost used or must the other terrain (usually clear) MP cost be used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Briggs
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sec 5.31 of the "MOVES" errata/addenda covers this; it costs 2MP to switch to an unconnected track road, ie pay the cost of entering a Clear hex. F2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I was looking at the AH version and errata which doesn't cover this situation; 2 additional MP to make the switch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RaffertyA wrote:
Thank you. I was looking at the AH version and errata which doesn't cover this situation; 2 additional MP to make the switch.

No, it doesn't sound like 2 additional, rather 2, period, for that hex, as if no road benefit. That was going to be my answer, but I hesitated to post as I am nowhere near my rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brg257 wrote:
Sec 5.31 of the "MOVES" errata/addenda covers this; it costs 2MP to switch to an unconnected track road, ie pay the cost of entering a Clear hex. F2

That sounds OK for combat units, but what about truck units. If the trucks cannot run through a desert hex, they should not be able to "switch" when roads to not intersect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
S&T Errata: (2 additional MP)

[5.31] (Clarification): It costs only "1" Movement Point to enter a hex through a road hexside, even if also crossing an escarpment hexside Attacking through a road/escarpment hexside causes Attack Strength(s) to be halved. A unit entering a hex through a road or track hexside and intending to leave the hex via a road or track hexside of a different unconnected road or track must expend two additional Movement Points to do so. When tracing a supply line from one road or track to another road or track not connected in the same hex, two additional Movement Points are expended for tracing the supply line in this manner.

Note: I think what this is trying to say is that you pay the MP cost of the terrain of the hex being moved into, (i.e Desert at 3MP, hex 2213 is the ONLY Rough hex where this occurs).

Note: I don't think Trucks could change except at intersections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RaffertyA wrote:
Note: I don't think Trucks could change except at intersections.

Thanks. I thought so but wanted to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.