Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
I'm fairly sure the answer to this one is yes, but do Wounds taken from Poison count for knockout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Amaranth wrote:
I'm fairly sure the answer to this one is yes, but do Wounds taken from Poison count for knockout?

The one which goes to your hand counts, the one that goes to your discard pile doesn't.

Rulebook, p.8: Assign damage rule 5c.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Mescam
France
flag msg tools
Question on Bag of Gold:
+4 Influence, +2 Fame

Can you play this card to gain 2 fame first, thus gain a level, acquire a new command token and then use the influence to buy a new Unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgeWhyMe wrote:
Question on Bag of Gold:
+4 Influence, +2 Fame

Can you play this card to gain 2 fame first, thus gain a level, acquire a new command token and then use the influence to buy a new Unit?

Doesn't levelling happen at the end of your turn? So you wouldn't be able to buy a new unit since your turn would have finished. I think there is an exception though if one of your rewards gives you a unit and allows you to level up, so you don't lose that unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Mescam
France
flag msg tools
Right, it is described in the End of Turn section, chapter 6.

I thought you leveled as soon as you crossed the line on the Fame track, since most effects says 'Gain Fame and Reputation at the end of your turn'.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željko Kumer
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
few questions that turned up:

1. MANA DRAW
if i use the stronger version of this action and I take one white mana from the source to power it, I can take ONE MORE die from the source and set it to any color except gold

1a. as a second die can I take a black die and set it to any color except gold (effectively reducing the amount of black mana in the source during the day) or a gold mana die during the night?

1b. can I take a die and set it to black (i.e. to power a spell in a dungeon during the day)? I know it says "any color except gold" but this could be used to purposely deplete mana in the source during the day
Edit: if it's allowed i know i HAVE TO USE the black mana provided by the die so i can't just turn it to black and not use it

1c. after I'm done with the action i put the die I've set the color back as I set it to the source and I re-roll the white die i used to power the stronger effect
Edit:this one is true and answered in the rules

2. INTO THE HEAT advanced action
either effect gives bonus to all of my units block and attack values. only if they have physical block and attack or does it apply to units that have fire/ice block/attack?

3. MAGIC TALENT advanced action
this is an advanced action so it can be used in any phase of combat. we had a player enter combat, got a bit overwhelmed, then play it, use CALL TO GLORY spell, from the spell offer, and recruit a unit in the middle of the combat. a bit awkward but still it's all ok, right?

4. SPACE BENDING spell
i can move to spaces and explore tiles that are 2 spaces away. do i still need to pay 2 movement points to explore the tile?

Edit: clarifications

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ryo marcello
msg tools
_Kex_ wrote:
few questions that turned up:

1. MANA DRAW
if i use the stronger version of this action and I take one white mana from the source to power it, I can take ONE MORE die from the source and set it to any color except gold

exactly

_Kex_ wrote:

1a. as a second die can I take a black die and set it to any color except gold (effectively reducing the amount of black mana in the source during the day) or a gold mana die during the night?

Yes, take any die whatever the color (and night/day) and set it to any color except gold

_Kex_ wrote:
1b. can I take a die and set it to black (i.e. to power a spell in a dungeon during the day)? I know it says "any color except gold" but this could be used to purposely deplete mana in the source during the day
Edit: if it's allowed i know i HAVE TO USE the black mana provided by the die so i can't just turn it to black and not use it

correct again, but I'm not sure about your "edit" statement, if you must use the 2 additional tokens to be allowed to use this effect. I think that this is not a "must" do.

_Kex_ wrote:
1c. after I'm done with the action i put the die I've set the color back as I set it to the source and I re-roll the white die i used to power the stronger effect
Edit:this one is true and answered in the rules

correct

_Kex_ wrote:
2. INTO THE HEAT advanced action
either effect gives bonus to all of my units block and attack values. only if they have physical block and attack or does it apply to units that have fire/ice block/attack?

It applies to any type of attack/block.

But my question is: does it add "physical" attack/block or does it increase the value by copying the type (fire/ice) of attack/block ?
Same question for the basic action WILL FOCUS: the stronger effect mentions "any type of attack", I suppose it includes fire/ice, but does it include ranged/siege ? second question, this does not apply to "any type of block" as it is not written like this ?

_Kex_ wrote:
3. MAGIC TALENT advanced action
this is an advanced action so it can be used in any phase of combat. we had a player enter combat, got a bit overwhelmed, then play it, use CALL TO GLORY spell, from the spell offer, and recruit a unit in the middle of the combat. a bit awkward but still it's all ok, right?

ok for me also, the magic talent can be played at any time as well as CALL TO GLORY

_Kex_ wrote:
4. SPACE BENDING spell
i can move to spaces and explore tiles that are 2 spaces away. do i still need to pay 2 movement points to explore the tile?

yes, u still need to pay those 2 mov. points to explore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željko Kumer
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kyojin068 wrote:
correct again, but I'm not sure about your "edit" statement, if you must use the 2 additional tokens to be allowed to use this effect. I think that this is not a "must" do.

Rulebook, page 4, using mana - 3b "Players are not allowed to take a die and then not use the mana it provides"
so an additional question would be - does this rule apply also to the "second" die used in the MANA DRAW stronger action. so if you choose to set it to black (but again, this would only be useful in a dungeon where night rules apply) do you HAVE TO use both?

kyojin068 wrote:
WILL FOCUS: the stronger effect mentions "any type of attack", I suppose it includes fire/ice, but does it include ranged/siege ?

"any type of attack" indeed means ANY, so ranged, siege, fire, ice. there is even an example in the rules where they use CONCENTRATION to power up a ranged attack (page 10.) and it's basically the same spell as WILL FOCUS. now if INTO THE HEAT said "bonus to your units block/attack of any kind" it would all be perfectly clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kex_ wrote:
does this rule apply also to the "second" die used in the MANA DRAW stronger action. so if you choose to set it to black (but again, this would only be useful in a dungeon where night rules apply) do you HAVE TO use both?

No, that rule does not apply. That rule is there to stop the 'normal' taking of a mana die.

But a polite request from me.... This was supposed to be the 'official' FAQ thread, with only official answers direct from Vlaada. I thank people for volunteering their interpretation of the rules, but I'm nervous about this turning into a discussion forum.

My idea (foolish as it was), was that people could post questions here and me/Vlaada will answer them (albeit with a bit of delay recently )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željko Kumer
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
No, that rule does not apply. That rule is there to stop the 'normal' taking of a mana die

then again, if that rule does not apply at all to the "second" die used in the MANA DRAW stronger effect it would mean you could take a die, set it to black, get two black mana, not use it but purposely deplete it for everyone else. tricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
How many dice are we supposed to use? When I was playing at the Wizkids demo booth at Bgg.Con, I think we used all 7 dice for 4 players, but looking at the rules later, it seems like you're supposed to use n+2, so we should've only had 6 dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dracil wrote:
How many dice are we supposed to use? When I was playing at the Wizkids demo booth at Bgg.Con, I think we used all 7 dice for 4 players, but looking at the rules later, it seems like you're supposed to use n+2, so we should've only had 6 dice?

With 4 players you use 6 dice. It is number of players +2. The reason for a 7th dice in the box is that sometimes you need to roll one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jürgen Mayer
Germany
Nuremberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, could you please clarify the wording of the Into The Heat advanced action card? Does its effect only increase the basic attack/block of a unit or does it also work with ranged/siege/fire/ice attacks/blocks?

PaulGrogan wrote:
Dracil wrote:

With 4 players you use 6 dice. It is number of players +2. The reason for a 7th dice in the box is that sometimes you need to roll one.

In addition, some of the Blitz scenarios add 1 additional die to the source - so you will have 7 dice in the source in a 4 player game (see rules page 16).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kuhn
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card: Improvisation
"Discard another card from your hand ..."
Question: Could you also discard a wound card this way to get the effect of this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilvani wrote:
Question: Could you also discard a wound card this way to get the effect of this card?

No. You may never discard a Wound card. This is explicit in the rules (somewhere). It says something like "any effect that allows you to discard a card - this does not apply to Wound cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Mescam
France
flag msg tools
Hello

When playing Diplomacy, do you add the Influence bonus/malus from the Reputation track if you use Influence points as Block points only? Or does this bonus/malus only apply during interaction?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

In the "game walkthrough" book, on p12 about resting: Exhaustion, it is written:
"A here is exhausted when he has nothing but Wound cards in his hand... all he can do with his cards is discard on Wound"
2 questions about this:
1) Does the Wound card discarded goes to the discard pile or the wound pile?
2) What does the Hero do with his other Wound Cards (4)? Does he have to keep them in his hand and draw only 1 card or does he may discard all of them like Resting?
Thanks a lot for your answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SwatSh wrote:
Hello,

In the "game walkthrough" book, on p12 about resting: Exhaustion, it is written:
"A here is exhausted when he has nothing but Wound cards in his hand... all he can do with his cards is discard on Wound"
2 questions about this:
1) Does the Wound card discarded goes to the discard pile or the wound pile?
2) What does the Hero do with his other Wound Cards (4)? Does he have to keep them in his hand and draw only 1 card or does he may discard all of them like Resting?

Discard is always to your discard pile. Putting it back in the Wound card stack is 'throw away'

You are right, the other cards stay in your hand. However, next turn, you will have lots of wound cards in hand and one non-wound card, which means you can rest, discarding all the other wound cards (and the one non-wound card).

Being exhausted is horrible, you effectively lose a couple of turns. Try and avoid it if you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgeWhyMe wrote:
Hello

When playing Diplomacy, do you add the Influence bonus/malus from the Reputation track if you use Influence points as Block points only? Or does this bonus/malus only apply during interaction?

Thanks

It is in the walkthrough in a couple of places that the position of your marker on the reputation track only applies when you are interacting with locals.

So if you play Diplomacy in combat it is just the Influence on cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Ilvani wrote:

No. You may never discard a Wound card. This is explicit in the rules (somewhere). It says something like "any effect that allows you to discard a card - this does not apply to Wound cards.

I know this is in the rules, but if you ever do a second edition. It would be really helpful if the wording would be changed to "discard another non-Wound card". I only discovered by accident that it isn't possible to discard a wound card for this effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željko Kumer
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
while i still wait for "official" answers to my previously asked questions, here is another one...

does "fortified" ability transfer between enemies if I'm fighting them both at the same time, with the same attack and one is fortified and another isn't?

i know resistances do, but I'm not sure about this one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kex_ wrote:
while i still wait for "official" answers to my previously asked questions, here is another one...

does "fortified" ability transfer between enemies if I'm fighting them both at the same time, with the same attack and one is fortified and another isn't?

i know resistances do, but I'm not sure about this one...

Walkthrough: page 16. Fortifications do transfer between grouped enemy tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željko Kumer
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Walkthrough: page 16. Fortifications do transfer between grouped enemy tokens.

good, i was actually reading the "Combat with enemies" part of the rulebook where it doesn't say specifically that it is.
so it does transfer.

ok, another quick one. if i'm attacking a fortified site and a rampaging enemy joins (either by provocation or by me challenging him in addition) the rulebook (page 7.) states that they "are not fortified". i guess this would be better worded as "do not benefit the keep's fortify bonus" as i assume they are fortified if they have the fortification ability on their own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kex_ wrote:
as i assume they are fortified if they have the fortification ability on their own?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you completely deplete the advanced actions deck, I guess you are just out of luck? This seemed to happen in our game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [52] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.