Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you beat a Tomb, "gain one Spell and one Artifact". Do you need to first choose your Spell, before seeing your choice of Artifacts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
When you beat a Tomb, "gain one Spell and one Artifact". Do you need to first choose your Spell, before seeing your choice of Artifacts?

Rulebook, "End of the Turn", section 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Gasparik
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PetrGasparik wrote:
I played Blitz Coop yesterday with my son (and we won, YES!), and there were two questions that arose:

1/ If I have skill that gives me +1 to ranged attack, can I use it in regular attack? if not, why?

2/ in team attack on city, can other player use day tactic? (mana search in this example)

thanks!

bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PetrGasparik wrote:
PetrGasparik wrote:
I played Blitz Coop yesterday with my son (and we won, YES!), and there were two questions that arose:

1/ If I have skill that gives me +1 to ranged attack, can I use it in regular attack? if not, why?

2/ in team attack on city, can other player use day tactic? (mana search in this example)

thanks!

bump

Yes to both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
entranced wrote:

Rulebook, "End of the Turn", section 5.

"Pick your rewards in whatever order you choose."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jeris
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Assign Damage outline begins by saying that damage from unblocked attacking units is assigned "one attacker at a time". Does this mean that damage from multiple attacking units may not be totaled and applied to my Armor collectively in order to save a wound?

To be specific, suppose my 3-Armor hero is assigned a 7-damage attack and a 4-damage attack. May I total these, assign 11 damage to my hero, and take four wounds? Or does the wording "one attacker at a time" mean that I must take three wounds from the 7-damage attack, then two more from the 4-damage attack, for a total of five?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cjeris wrote:
The Assign Damage outline begins by saying that damage from unblocked attacking units is assigned "one attacker at a time". Does this mean that damage from multiple attacking units may not be totaled and applied to my Armor collectively in order to save a wound?

Yes it does mean that. You may not combine the damage to save a wound.

cjeris wrote:
To be specific, suppose my 3-Armor hero is assigned a 7-damage attack and a 4-damage attack. May I total these, assign 11 damage to my hero, and take four wounds? Or does the wording "one attacker at a time" mean that I must take three wounds from the 7-damage attack, then two more from the 4-damage attack, for a total of five?

The latter is correct. You would take 5 wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Gasparik
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jose-san wrote:
PetrGasparik wrote:
PetrGasparik wrote:

thanks!

bump

Yes to both.

Thank you, Gandalf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cassidy
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
In the scenario Druid Nights what constitutes an inhabited space?
Anywhere that you cannot interact?
Anywhere but village/monastery/mage tower/keep/city?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verret
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mauxe wrote:
In the scenario Druid Nights what constitutes an inhabited space?
Anywhere that you cannot interact?
Anywhere but village/monastery/mage tower/keep/city?

An inhabitated place is where you can interact (village, monastery, keep, mage tower, city). The Druid Nights scenario gives you the possibility to perform an incantation outside those places.

So the answer to your last question is yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Eclipse
msg tools
Hello,

New Mage Knight player here. I've played the walkthrough three times and the solo conquest one time and I've read the rulebook and walkthrough a couple of times. I still have a lingering question. Maybe because English is not my first language it is not completely clear to me.

My question for verification:
Whenever I deal physical damage to an enemy, damage equal or greater than his armor is enough to kill it. That is clear from the rules. However, if enemies deal physical damage equal to my armor and I block with a unit or with my hero, it is not killed and it is not wounded? It is only wounded if damage is greater than the armor value of the unit. Then deduct the armor value of the wounded unit and if there is damage left, block with hero. Then the same applies? Damage less or equal to Hero armor rating is blocked, more damage means my hero wil get one or more wounds?

Thank you for the advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dr. Eclipse.

You have the part about you attacking enemies correct.
However, enemies attacking you is slightly different.

First of all, be very careful about using the word Block. Block means that you play Block cards to fully block the attack. If you block it, you take no damage at all. All of your text uses the word Block, and I think you mean something else.

First of all, if you do not Block the attack, then there is damage to assign. You choose whether to assign the damage to your hero or one of your Units. Then, a wound is applied, and the damage is then reduced by your armour (or the armour value of your Unit).

Eg: You get hit for 5 damage. You decide to assign the damage to a Unit that you control that has 3 armour. The Unit gets a wound. Then, the damage (5) is reduced by the armour of the Unit (3). This leaves 2 damage left to assign. Lets say at this point, you decide to assign the damage to yourself, so you take a wound. You then reduce the damage (2) by your armour (lets say 2). Now we are down to 0 damage left, so all done.

Note: If a Unit has resistance, that changes things again, but there are many, many threads and other examples of this in other places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Eclipse
msg tools
Yes! It is clear now . Everything is simple in hindsight. Thank you for answering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for this FAQ Paul.

Would it be possible to have some way of indicating revisions or alterations to the first post?

It would be helpful to quickly identify new changes or clarifications without having to read the entire post line by line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I try to do that. If someone asks a question and it needs to go in the first post, I will edit the first message and then put an update in saying that I have updated it.

In theory, you shouldn't need to read through this massive thread, just the first post.

The last question I answered however for Dr.Eclipse will not go in the FAQ as this was just a general rule question which he needed help with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably a dumb question but i need to be 100% sure, since the wording could be interpreted 2 ways.

Sword of Justice: say you kill 1 monster during ranged attack, then play the Sword during melee attack and kill 1 more. It says "Fame +1 for each enemy you defeat this turn." Will i get 1 fame or 2? I defeated 2 enemies this turn, but i defeated only 1 after playing the sword.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
West Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
Probably a dumb question but i need to be 100% sure, since the wording could be interpreted 2 ways.

Sword of Justice: say you kill 1 monster during ranged attack, then play the Sword during melee attack and kill 1 more. It says "Fame +1 for each enemy you defeat this turn." Will i get 1 fame or 2? I defeated 2 enemies this turn, but i defeated only 1 after playing the sword.

I interpreted that literally when I played it and increased my fame for the enemy killed with a ranged attack, as the turn started long before the Sword was played. If they had meant for it to only apply to enemies killed with the Sword itself, it would have said something like "for each enemy you defeat in the Attack phase" or "for an enemy defeated with the Sword". (I think there was another card that read that way, but don't recall which one offhand.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevin wrote:
If they had meant for it to only apply to enemies killed with the Sword itself, it would have said something like "for each enemy you defeat in the Attack phase" or "for an enemy defeated with the Sword". (I think there was another card that read that way, but don't recall which one offhand.)

IMO whether the sword gets the kill is irrelevant to the issue at hand. E.g. here's a case which doesn't fit the above. Trigger the sword for 0 (just to get points), then kill something. Now what? ;)

Basically this comes down to timing "memory" rules for this game. I know how other games work, like MTG and RFTG, but i don't know how MK works with this. Does the Sword "remember" you killed something earlier that turn? Or does it only know what comes after it is played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
attacks are done in group (aka, I spend x y z cards/mana to attack a b and/or c monsters). Each attack 'set' is resolved independantly (so I can use my fire attack on a creature with physical resistance, kill it, then group the rest of the monsters without phsysical resistance to resolve as a 'set'). No card memory involved as each attack 'set' is resolve by itself. That is what is meant by 'this attack'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmb
delewobmesid wrote:
attacks are done in group (aka, I spend x y z cards/mana to attack a b and/or c monsters). Each attack 'set' is resolved independantly (so I can use my fire attack on a creature with physical resistance, kill it, then group the rest of the monsters without phsysical resistance to resolve as a 'set'). No card memory involved as each attack 'set' is resolve by itself. That is what is meant by 'this attack'.

But it doesn't say "this attack"... the text in question here is: "Fame +1 for each enemy you defeat this turn." This could mean...

1. Enemies defeated any time this turn (even before Sword was played) will generate Fame +1. The Fame for those earlier enemies would presumably be granted at the time the Sword is played.

or

2. Enemies defeated any time this turn but only after Sword is played will generate Fame +1. That Fame will be granted when defeated. (And earlier enemies won't contribute Fame because the Sword wasn't around to catch it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmb
(The same timing question would apply to healed Wounds before Golden Grail is played, or Spells cast before the Rings are played... but you're more likely to play those cards first compared to Sword.

Crystal Mastery uses a slightly more clear templating, because it reads "At the end of the turn, any crystals you have spent this turn are returned to your Inventory." If Sword read something like "At the end of combat this turn, Fame +1 for each enemy defeated," it would unambiguously point to enemies defeated after and before Sword was played.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:

I don't think it's a dumb question. I would say Fame +2, but you could read it either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moses Siregar
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
Hi everyone, new player. I've searched the rules forums for "wound," "wounded," "heal," and "healing," but I haven't found this question yet. That must make me very special!

When you take a turn to rest, can you discard wounds from your units? Or can you only remove wounds on your units using heal points?

I'm guessing the answer is no, because the section under Healing in the walkthrough says wounded units have to be "Healed."

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are correct. You cannot remove wounds from your units as part of resting.

However, on a Rest turn, you are allowed to play healing cards, and these healing points can be spent on your units if you choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
Hi,

concerning the final scoring: It is explicitly stated at "greatest knowledge" and "greatest beating" that in case of a tie, where no player gained/lost fame for knowledge/beating, respectively, there are no extra fame points at all.

At the other achievements, this is not mentioned, but I wonder if this rules applies there as well. Sounds reasonable to me, but maybe this situation will rarely appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  37 , 38 , 39 , 40 , 41  Next »  [52] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.