Subject: Glory to Rome: Black box - who are you....? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet, shall we start taking bets/running a book on likely months? /this side/other side of Christmas, likelihood of further problems?

sockmerchant wrote:
As per the last update should be on its way to NZ now.... finally.

"New Zealand and Australia are en route to the agents and will be shipped when they are received by our agents. Singapore and Japan have been shipped to backers via agents."

Has whoever received these yet? (guess not)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moonglow wrote:
Not yet, shall we start taking bets/running a book on likely months? /this side/other side of Christmas, likelihood of further problems?

sockmerchant wrote:
As per the last update should be on its way to NZ now.... finally.

"New Zealand and Australia are en route to the agents and will be shipped when they are received by our agents. Singapore and Japan have been shipped to backers via agents."

Has whoever received these yet? (guess not)

I find it very strange that the updates are going up on BGG and not on the Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The stuff I copied and pasted came from kickstarter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Pollard
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does anyone know who the local agent is? I kind of want to change my postal address, but I'm wary about contacting CGF in case that delays things even more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hay
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Porges wrote:
Does anyone know who the local agent is? I kind of want to change my postal address, but I'm wary about contacting CGF in case that delays things even more

I'm in the same boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb

I still don't understand why people aren't dealing with people/companies who have a Pixel Park account?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fausett
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the other punter who ordered 5 copies for myself and others. shake

I also ended up being the 'local agent'. I've received a box of promo stuff, but nothing else so far.

PM any change of address to me. I'll be moving house soon myself, probably just after Xmas, but luckily I gave CGR my PO Box address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
SamNzed wrote:

I still don't understand why people aren't dealing with people/companies who have a Pixel Park account?

Pixelpark weren't able to secure any copies. The publisher will sell to the general customer first, stores second, and distributors third. We were going to get some but shied away given the response. As it worked out, none of us ended up getting any copies! (C'est la vie!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
SamNzed wrote:

Pixelpark weren't able to secure any copies. The publisher will sell to the general customer first, stores second, and distributors third. We were going to get some but shied away given the response. As it worked out, none of us ended up getting any copies! (C'est la vie!)

Ah I thought companies supplied distributors first.

As you were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
SamNzed wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:
SamNzed wrote:

As you were.

Most publishers do, and retailers and the general public aren't able to buy direct, but this one is different. As they allow the general public to buy direct, the publisher prioritises these customers because of course they pay the highest price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that its a kickstart project which normally distributed direct to backers anyway.... sure CGF have taken an unusual (and painful) approach to global distribution, but I'm not sure its all about profit - they did have the lowest international shipping rate of a kickstart game I've seen.

seriouslyboard wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:
SamNzed wrote:

As you were.

Most publishers do, and retailers and the general public aren't able to buy direct, but this one is different. As they allow the general public to buy direct, the publisher prioritises these customers because of course they pay the highest price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shortall
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
What was the price and promo deal anyhow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
moonglow wrote:
Keep in mind that its a kickstart project which normally distributed direct to backers anyway.... sure CGF have taken an unusual (and painful) approach to global distribution, but I'm not sure its all about profit - they did have the lowest international shipping rate of a kickstart game I've seen.

seriouslyboard wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:
SamNzed wrote:

As you were.

I didn't know it was a KS project. I'm only passing on what Tim at Pixelpark has told me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fausett
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamefool wrote:
I've received a box of promo stuff, but nothing else so far.

I've since received a bunch of game boxes now, which were packed into two larger outer boxes. The names on the packages per game seem to match the names on the packages per promo set, which I received separately; a good start!

Alex has already collected his bundle in person. Apart from my bundle, I've got the following for others:

4 to Auckland - George, Kash, Paul and Perry
5 to North Island - Ashley, Chris, Dean, Mark and Toby
2 to South Island - Chris and Matthew

For the ones in Auckland, ideally PM me for my details to collect the packages for yourselves, assuming that's convenient.

As for the others, I'll need to repackage them to add the promos, and then send them on their way. Might have to wait until the weekend as I have little free time at the moment. Hang in there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, the impossible has occurred! I actually have five copies of Glory to Rome in my possession. Thanks, Sean, for dealing with the rather unexciting task of distribution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG I've been watching this train wreck of a Kickstarter, mainly because I'm in Sean's bundle (don't forget to tell me how much I owe you!). This is another one of the many screw ups, and now people have to pay more to get their games for national delivery. shake

gamefool wrote:
gamefool wrote:
I've received a box of promo stuff, but nothing else so far.

I've since received a bunch of game boxes now, which were packed into two larger outer boxes. The names on the packages per game seem to match the names on the packages per promo set, which I received separately; a good start!

Alex has already collected his bundle in person. Apart from my bundle, I've got the following for others:

4 to Auckland - George, Kash, Paul and Perry
2 to South Island - Chris and Matthew

For the ones in Auckland, ideally PM me for my details to collect the packages for yourselves, assuming that's convenient.

As for the others, I'll need to repackage them to add the promos, and then send them on their way. Might have to wait until the weekend as I have little free time at the moment. Hang in there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
gamefool wrote:

Are Chris and Toby both in Tauranga?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fausett
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhianna_ wrote:
This is another one of the many screw ups, and now people have to pay more to get their games for national delivery. shake

Actually, CGF have said they'll reimburse me any shipping costs.

PS. Check your email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fausett
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:

Yes, Chris' is c/- Seriously Board. Toby is nearby in Katikati.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
gamefool wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:

Yes, Chris' is c/- Seriously Board. Toby is nearby in Katikati.

Sending them both to me should save you a few cents. We all game in the same group when Toby's in town. thumbsup

Good on you, by the way - given the prolonged process of this all, you have a very unenviable job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fausett
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
Sending them both to me should save you a few cents. We all game in the same group when Toby's in town. thumbsup

If Toby could confirm he's happy with that, then sure thing. I trust you David, but just need to make it formal to cover my arse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
gamefool wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:

If Toby could confirm he's happy with that, then sure thing. I trust you David, but just need to make it formal to cover my arse.

No problem! I'll link him to this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Falconer
New Zealand
Katikati
flag msg tools
mbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
gamefool wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:

No problem! I'll link him to this thread.

Hey guys - will coordinate with Sean to pick up my copy from him in Newmarket - cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stocks
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean,
Did you manage to send the games out this weekend?

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Pollard
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I picked mine up from Sean.

Thanks for organizing the distribution

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.