Popular Tags: [View All]
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Does the lightning system get too crazy and chaotic, or can the players keep track of what is going on around them?

2. When it is my turn, and another player attacks me, do I need to stop what I am doing to watch and validate his attack, or do I just keep on going and trust that all the rules are being correctly followed?

3. Are there other games with the lightning system available? Are there any planned for the future?

4. I have a 6 year old. He plays many games designed for older ages. Would he be able to handle Camelot and the lighning system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Jolly
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It IS crazy, and a little chaotic, but you can keep track of what's going on, in general. Sometimes, if the action gets heated in one part of the board (someone is about to attack you), then someone else might try to position themselves against you in another part of the board. It's not impossible to take your time on your turn to keep track of everything, but if you try to do so, it will slow your turn down. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I've discovered.

2. Generally you can tell at a glance (1 or 2 seconds) whether the attack is legitimate or not. The combat system is very, very simple and fast. Of course, if you trust the other players (rather important in this game), then you could just let them resolve it. When someone attacks, however, they usually bring it to your attention by tapping on the piece and telling you directly, "I'm attacking your piece", so you're forced to at least glance at it. Since it won't be during your turn, most of the time, this shouldn't slow you down.

3. There aren't any others yet available. We've planned on doing a vampire/undead version, with a twist (players move "communal" monsters, too), and a western version. Much of this depends upon the success of Camelot, and how people respond to the whole concept.

4. Six years old might be pushing it. It IS easy to learn, so a smart 6 year old should be able to pick it up, but the realtime mechanic is so far off the norm that it might be confusing to him/her, compared to generic turn-based mechanics which every child learns. I'd probably teach him/her to play Pit, first, just to get used to non-serial games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Murray
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mb
Cavetroll wrote:
3. There aren't any others yet available. We've planned on doing a vampire/undead version, with a twist (players move "communal" monsters, too), and a western version. Much of this depends upon the success of Camelot, and how people respond to the whole concept.

I just wanted to say that I've recently received Camelot as a late Christmas gift, and I can't wait to try it (I HATE HATE HATE waiting for my turn). And, I love undead, so I'll be looking forward to any future versions you may design!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.