Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved my first two plays of this game, but during these games a few questions arose. Hopefully, somebody is willing to answer them for me.

1. The rules mention that you have to build in such a way that a checkerboard pattern is formed. During my games, however, it seemed that it was sometimes inevitable to build colored or neutral cubes next to or on top of each other. Is that correct, or am I doing something wrong? It seems that building a checkered pattern on one of the sides of the tower can lead to a violation of this rule at, for example, the bottom of the newly placed block. Could it have something to with placing some blocks horizontally and others vertically (especially the 5 blocks)?

2. The rules also mention that you may use both your hands while building. Does this also mean that you can, say, support a block that was already placed with one hand, while placing a new one with the other?

Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the checkered pattern placement. You must have placed an earlier block incorrectly, because you should be able to place every block in a checkered pattern. Often times, the mistake occurs with the blocks placed on the original block which has two light brown squares, and two dark brown squares. While all four are neutral, assume the dark brown squares are colored squares. I hope this helps.

Regarding your second question. Sometimes we allow that to ensure the games last a little longer or if we are playing with our young kids. Make it a house rule if you enjoy playing that way.

Zugli (Marc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Marc

Thank you for your answers! To be honest, I think I built correctly on the base block, but I am not sure anymore. I will keep an eye on it during my next play. Meanwhile, I edited my first question to make it a little more clear. When reading it, do you still think that such a situation is impossible if the game is played correctly?

Thx,

Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, I do not think it is possible to have a situation come up where you would have to have either two colors or two neutrals next to or on top of each other. However, when that has happened in our games, we traced the placement down and noticed that somewhere in the beginning of the game a block piece was misplaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Godolakis
Sweden
Göteborg
V.Götaland
flag msg tools
I support Wikileaks. I am anonymous.... I am an atheist...... I obey copyleft....... The Pirate Bay user.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed impossible for such a situation to occur if you place all blocks correctly.
What CAN happen and this might be your case, since I've experienced it a couple of times, is that different parts of the tower is leaning in different directions causing them to be mismatched higher up.
Im playing with two copies so in a four-player game this is not very unlikely to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.