Subject: Epic fail. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- The expansion release was postponed multiple times
- Marketing couldn't have been worse
- The price is ridiculous(35-39 €), basically can pick the base game for the same price
- Queen games hasn't provided the online rules
- Very few people have picked this up
- Initial response seems a bit mixed but overall quite negative
- Forum is basically dead silent

I love Shogun and probably going to pick this up once the price is somehow reasonable. The current situation with no proper online rules, very few pictures and quite vague understanding of the details of the game, I can't really see any rational reason than fanboyism to pick this up right now. Did Queen games really think that everyone who loves Shogun will just automatically buy this expansion without any hesitation or proper information?

Queen games:

a) Provide online rules
b) Drop the price
c) Learn how to market a game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They want to milk the Shogun franchise as much as possible. The same happens with Fresco (ex. Fresco: The Scrolls, a ten tile expansion with retail price of $24.99!) and i am sure that will happen with all their latest games. Stay away unless you have money to throw away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very excited about this expansion since Shogun is one of my favorite games but for the same reasons you clearly described right now I am less than turned off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
RoadHouse wrote:
- The price is ridiculous(35-39 €), basically can pick the base game for the same price

I love Shogun and probably going to pick this up once the price is somehow reasonable. The current situation with no proper online rules, very few pictures and quite vague understanding of the details of the game, I can't really see any rational reason than fanboyism to pick this up right now. Did Queen games really think that everyone who loves Shogun will just automatically buy this expansion without any hesitation or proper information?

Queen games:

a) Provide online rules
b) Drop the price

On another thread the publisher mentioned that they are well aware of these issues and are keeping them in mind with regard to the Wallenstein expansions (and who knows maybe the next print run of Tenno's Court since the first print run sold out; if "very few people picked it up" then it must have been a tiny print run ):

Quote:
A separate production for a small print run had created some issues on the pricing of Shogun expansion. Eventhough we are sold out on the first print run, we do not want to create a similar situation on the price issue where it became just too expansive for a few fans os Shogun. We do not want to compromise with our quality to make it cheaper.

Re: Expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmb
I think two things added to the cost.

One - the court board was way too big.

Two - which probably added the most expense was a complete deck of cards from the base game. I know a lot of people that have had problems adding expansions to a game that has already been out for a while and then you can tell the new cards next to the old cards. I really appreciated that touch.

Even though I really think they could have left the second expansion out of the box, I'm not sure it added much expense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
RoadHouse wrote:

Queen games:

a) Provide online rules
b) Drop the price

On another thread the publisher mentioned that they are well aware of these issues and are keeping them in mind with regard to the Wallenstein expansions (and who knows maybe the next print run of Tenno's Court since the first print run sold out; if "very few people picked it up" then it must have been a tiny print run ):

Quote:
A separate production for a small print run had created some issues on the pricing of Shogun expansion. Eventhough we are sold out on the first print run, we do not want to create a similar situation on the price issue where it became just too expansive for a few fans os Shogun. We do not want to compromise with our quality to make it cheaper.

The publisher seems to have his hands full with one thread and doesn't have any time to post in Tenno's Court forum.

Currently 188 bgg users own the expansion. 5731 users own Shogun. 3,3 % have bought the expansion. Shogun being as popular and highly ranked as it is, the expansion hasn't really been a hit. If the current ignorant Queen Games policy keeps continuing then this expansion just fades away.

Well, sold out here doesn't mean that shops and retailers have sold out their stock. The expansion has been widely provided and many retailers thought that they could actually sell this expansion due to popularity of Shogun. Queen games just tossed out the stuff, cashed out and ran away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M Shubert
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say, not only has the ridiculous price of Tenno's Court convinced me not to buy it, but it makes me reluctant to buy any more Queen Games. When I like a game a lot, I want to get the expansions for it, but I refuse to pay tens of dollars for a deck of cards and a sheet of cardboard.

I'd really like to get Paris Connection or Kingdom Builder. But I'm worried that if I buy them and like them, the same thing will happen again, so forget it. It's just easier not to buy the games in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
RoadHouse wrote:

Queen games:

Publishers being sold out of a print run and retailers being sold out of a game are two totally different things...just pointing that out.

a) Provide online rules
b) Drop the price

Quote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you want say something, Don? Your post was only a quote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard McCormack
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
I have to say, not only has the ridiculous price of Tenno's Court convinced me not to buy it, but it makes me reluctant to buy any more Queen Games.

My thoughts exactly ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was Shogun Tennis Court. Disappointment++
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
filip
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
but then you're missing on some great games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.