Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received the game, but haven't played it and have a question about cheating. The rules state that skill are played from left to right and that cheating is mandatory. However, I noticed a star player with cheat/tackle/cheat icons. Does that mean the last cheat only occurs if the player uses the tackle? If not, then why not list the card as cheat/cheat/tackle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been addressed in other threads, but the reason is because if he "critically fails" on the tackle and ends up downed himself, the second cheat won't happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhh... got it. I glanced over some of the other threads, but didn't see it. Thanks much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cormier
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mrspank wrote:
Ahhhh... got it. I glanced over some of the other threads, but didn't see it. Thanks much.

Yep.. and don't miss what I missed too... a downed player loses all abilities and skills. And if it's not a skill - it's an ability of some time.
So for example a response ability doesn't apply.. A human catcher who has the ball won't generate 1 fan if he's downed.

For some reason on my first read, I thought it only meant named abilities like guard, nerves of steel, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Freeman
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
I just received the game, but haven't played it and have a question about cheating. The rules state that skill are played from left to right and that cheating is mandatory. However, I noticed a star player with cheat/tackle/cheat icons. Does that mean the last cheat only occurs if the player uses the tackle? If not, then why not list the card as cheat/cheat/tackle?

I think you could also skip the tackle icon as it is optional and then go right to the second cheat icon if you wanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throxx wrote:

I think you could also skip the tackle icon as it is optional and then go right to the second cheat icon if you wanted.

Yes that's correct you would Have to cheat, then tackle is optional, then assuming you are still standing have to cheat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throxx wrote:
mrspank wrote:

Just to be clear, are you saying that if the tackle in cheat/tackle/cheat isn't used... the second cheat is still applied? I suppose that makes sense since it is mandatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Throxx wrote:
mrspank wrote:

Just to be clear, are you saying that if the tackle in cheat/tackle/cheat isn't used... the second cheat is still applied? I suppose that makes sense since it is mandatory.

Yes if the tackle isn't used you must use the 2nd cheat. The only way that a cheat after a tackle doesn't get used is if the person throwing the tackle is knocked down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.