Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Cepeda
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there plans for a xeno set?

I already have one treehouse set in xeno, and I'd like to keep it growing. But I'd also like the IceDice set...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iidhaegn wrote:
Are there plans for a xeno set?

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can just buy a box of Xeno colored Looney Pyramids. As far as the dice for Icedice, you could just make your own

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
You can just buy a box of Xeno colored Looney Pyramids. As far as the dice for Icedice, you could just make your own

Jason

I strongly suspect that the Looneys will (if they don't already) sell these dice (and probably the bag too) individually on their website.

That said, I strongly caution anyone against getting Xeno sets. Some of the best Icehouse games, like Homeworlds and RAMBots, use the specific colors for specific actions/properties. It can be confusing to transpose the colors to the Xeno pallette, especially when the colors are representative of the action. Of course, many other great games are color-agnostic like Pikemen and Martian Chess. But still, if you gotta choose between Rainbow or Xeno, go with Rainbow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agreed that it's good to have Rainbow pyramids for games like Homeworlds and RAMbots.

But assuming you continue to enjoy playing with pyramids, I would get Xeno AND Rainbow stashes. That way when playing the many various games with people where each player gets their own color, players have more choices for their color, which makes players happier. Plus you could play some of those 6-player even (e.g. Pikemen, Branches & Twigs & Thorns, Ice Towers, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.