Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Week 6? I thought all of this was ending in Week 5 and there wasnt going to be any more.....

I lied.....

Today is my last day of work, but that still leaves 4 days before I leave for Essen. Plenty of time for me to show more goodies. Although we've been through most of the components in the game, there are a still a few extra things I can show.

And today, it is something that doesn't come with the game....

When I was first demoing this to people, people wanted to know what kind of enemies there were in the game. The walkthrough does tell you when you first show a mage tower to show some of the purple enemy tokens so that people see what they are like.

However, with Paul's home made enemy reference cards, you can just show these instead. It also gives you a breakdown of the number of tokens of each, which some people found useful later in the game to work out the possibilities of what enemies are still left in the pile of tokens.

Download, print off, cut out, and stick to the back of unwanted CCG cards and then sleeve or laminate.

EDIT: Changed image from homemade fanboy one to one done by a professional graphic artist

DAY 38

By request, I have shown one of the other Core tiles. In this one, you see a Monastery in the middle, a Spawning ground in the hills to the left and a Tomb in the desert in the top-right. I always have to resist the urge to draw a smiling mouth just below the picture of the Spawning Grounds

DAY 40: The End. No, really, I mean it this time.

As a final update before I leave for Essen, here is another player aid I have made. And this is something you haven't seen before

The hero figures in this game are not on Clix bases, but the cities are. You set the city level as per the scenario, but you can choose to make them easier or harder. The city level determines how many enemy tokens the city gets. This is shown on the clix base of the city.

However, in my prototype of the game, I didnt have cities with clix-bases, so I made these:

Look up the level of the city - it shows you what enemy tokens are present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool !
so this is basically the same information that is on the back of the walkthrough ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckremer2 wrote:
cool !
so this is basically the same information that is on the back of the walkthrough ?

Much better resolution than the PDF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ckremer2 wrote:
cool !

It is the same information yes. The game in fact didnt have this in there when I made up my prototype, but I thought it really needed it, so I made these cards, which came in very useful.

Vlaada liked the idea of the cards and we ended up with a bit of space on the back of the rulebook, so they decided to fill it with my idea of showing the tokens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how do tomb and spawning ground work ? unless i remember wrong they are not explained in the walkthrough or the rules, so all the information will be on the reference card ?
i get, that they are basically the same to the equivalent basic adventure sites, but how do they actually work ? two monster tokens ? spawning ground conjures immages of a place where monster token spawn and then wander around on the map (although i am sure, that is now how it works)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ckremer2 wrote:
how do tomb and spawning ground work ? unless i remember wrong they are not explained in the walkthrough or the rules, so all the information will be on the reference card ?
i get, that they are basically the same to the equivalent basic adventure sites, but how do they actually work ? two monster tokens ? spawning ground conjures immages of a place where monster token spawn and then wander around on the map (although i am sure, that is now how it works)...

Pretty sure they are in the walkthrough or the rules, but it is on the reference card if nowhere else.

The tomb is a tougher dungeon. Same rules apply but it is a red monster instead of a brown and the rewards are greater.

Spawning ground is 2 monsters. Again, the rewards are greater than monster dens. Monsters dont respawn so I guess the name is a little misleading. EDIT: Silly me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlaada Chvatil
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Spawning ground is 2 monsters. Again, the rewards are greater than monster dens. Monsters dont respawn so I guess the name is a little misleading.

Actually, they do respawn. There are two monster tokens, and if you manage to defeat only one on your turn, another one is drawn to replace it, so next time there are two again. To conquer the Spawning grounds, you have to defeat both enemy monsters in a single one turn (which is different from any other site).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vlaada wrote:
Actually, they do respawn. There are two monster tokens, and if you manage to defeat only one on your turn, another one is drawn to replace it, so next time there are two again. To conquer the Spawning grounds, you have to defeat both enemy monsters in a single one turn (which is different from any other site).

Oops. Sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pretty sure they are not explained in the walkthrough or the rules, it is only mentioned that the info is on the back side of the relevant basic reference card. do they have their own icons on the map tiles ? the core map tiles spoilerd so far (by paul or in the rulebook) only have icons of the basic adventure sites... edit : nevermind... i have found the difference in the simbols...
while i think it is great that they included all these reference cards, i would have liked to have all the game rules in eiter of the two rulebooks (preferably in one place). it is just a small nitpick, but i really don't like it if some rules of the game are just found on player aids (like those games where the setup is on a different sheet of paper)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated with a picture of another Core map tile - this one with a Tomb and Spawning Ground on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i like how the terain changes from nice fields to blasted wastelands when going to the core tiles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soo... since it seems updates will be few (i guess you are busy with other stuff) maybe one last update with some skills from the green guy (we have seen very little of him) ? maybe one side of his skill desciption card ?
otherwise, enjoy essen and good luck hunting down a copy of this game !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Paul is offline on Skype, I'm guessing he's too busy preparing for Essen, so I've decided to step up and show you two new Goldyx's skills you requested.

Flight
Very powerful skill, one of my favourites. Ehm I know, I say that about pretty much every other skill...
It's another skill with flip icon, meaning you can only use it once per Round. During your turn, you can spend 0 move points to travel to adjacent space. Or you can spend 2 move points to travel by 2 spaces. The trick is, you can fly over the Lakes or Mountains! Now as you can imagine, if you get so fortunate and map puts you in a situation like this:

you will be really glad to have such skill at your disposal. Of course there are either Advanced Actions or Spells that would let you overcome that nasty patch of Lakes as well, but you have to actually draw them to use them. The skill is ready to be used when you really need it, without blocking your hand. And, since you're flying over the land, your move doesn't provoke rampaging enemies. And you have to land at safe place.

Universal Power
Another skill which boosts cards played sideways. Once a Turn, you can play a card sideways along with a mana. If you do so, the card gives you 3 Move/Influence/Attack/Block, or even 4 if the colour of the mana and the card matches. As Goldyx is the most mana focused hero, this skill brings whole new dimension to his gameplay. As you learned from Paul's preview, most Basic Actions have their stronger effect equal to 4. Universal Power can change any of your card to anything, keeping its original power. Lets say you would like to move, but you have combat heavy hand. Too bad? Not really! Just play a Rage, add a red mana - Move 4!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated with Day 40.

I wasnt getting ready for Essen yesterday. I should have been but I was out playing games instead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Pettifer
England
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The cities reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilP wrote:
The cities reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY

That may or may not have been intentional as I thought the same thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.