Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this before, and really liked it. I always meant to pick it up, but never got around to it. Last night I had the chance to purchase Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live for cheap, and figured that I could use the components, plus some toy/finger guns, and pretty much play the base game. Upon reading the rules and seeing the components, however, I'm not sure I can. Is it possible? Or am I out of luck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mckane
Australia
SYDNEY
N.S.W
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Out of luck, the cards are not the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Pham
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mb
I have the same problem, and just asked the same question in the CnG:Live forums . Looking at components here's what I'm thinking...

1) Pull out 14 Kevlar Cards, starting with the red bordered ones. These will be your wound tokens.

2) Separate the black bordered cards by cash value.

3) Give each player 1 BangBangBang card, a Double Gun, a Shotgun, and 5 of any Clic' cards. Make sure the backs are identical for each player's set. The Double Gun and the Shotgun will be normal Bang! cards. You should be able to create a maximum of 2 sets for each cash value.

4) Grab 15 $5,000 banknotes, 15 $10,000, and 10 $20,000 banknotes, starting with your remaining black cards and shuffle them up. You're going to have to get fancy to assure that people don't know what cash values are coming out. Perhaps you can shuffle the deck up real fast before every pot.

5) Put aside any red cards remaining to act as Wimp tokens.

6) Get your finger guns ready and start the game as usual.

I'm not sure how you can add powers, but that is the kind of component you can just print out at your leisure. Standard rules and power descriptions are available in the files section. It's a bit complicated, but there you go, CnG:Live for 3-6 players.

I haven't done it myself yet, but by all reasoning it should work. Unfortunately, you won't have foam guns, you wont be able to expand with Yakuzas, and new players will be complaining about why their grenades and knives don't do anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.