2 Posts

Battles of Westeros» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A lion's lessons - Clash on the Kingsroad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Dreske
flag msg tools

There we go.

Stark starts by getting his archers in position, claiming the forest and mountain. I
have Marbrand lead his cavalry up north, engaging Maeges troops. I clearly dominate
this scene, though i’m not quite sure if Adam shouldnt have better made for the northern

Kevan pushes over the river, Starks ranged attacks do less damage than i feared at
first. Rickard later helps them, though, and i feel like i could never take him while he
slays my men. Anyway, i hold the southern objective by round 4.

Smashing enemies with horses was fun, but with only one round left to get the second
spot under my control it suddenly seems like a bad idea to have Adam far out of reach.
Rickard is sitting on the point, and i feel like having lost already. I start a desperate attack
with my footfolks, aided by Kevan, thinking ‘bout the small possibility to capture Rickard.
I roll some flags and drive him back, taking the field and feeling as winner. There’s one
last chance for Stark to get it back, and the flags don’t fail him either, so he earns back
the objective and wins.

I call that a close one. I guess my biggest mistake was wasting my time on dancing
with Maege. I was just too excited about crushing some foes. Than again, Stark could
possibly have prevented Kevan from crossing the river with Rickard lending a
sword to aid the archers early on.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
flag msg tools
1) a good opening move for the Starks here is moving three infantry units with Maege to form a triangle close to the northern ford (no speeding here without 3unit card). Such triangle is hard to break with horses and possibly close enough for Rickard to get with help, gather the other blue cav (synergy!) and move back behind the river after most of Lan cav is taken care of.

2) If one of the greens survives and makes it to the southern ford, it would be of good use combined with Kevan's +2d.

3) Kevan attacking northern ford: sometimes it is worth it, but risky. I lost my last game trying that. Killed most of the other Stark units, but had only one last move and my opponent as well. And wht he did, he moved last full strngth archer between my unit that was to attack with Kevan's bonus and Rickard, blocking the path. As Rickard was engaged and alone, he would be flanked with 5d and probably taken out... Brilliant move of my opponent saved the day for him.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.