Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I don't mean it's too hard or anything as I haven't tried playing it yet, just that it has literally impossible setup instructions.

"Number of Heroes: 3"

"This is a team adventure. Drizzt and Catti-brie form one team, and Artemis Entreri is on the other team by himself. Sit at the table so that teammates are not next to each other."

I assume that's boilerplate text from the other team adventures that crept in without anyone noticing the problem. Something for the Wizards employees who post here to pass along to the templating team or whoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fash
United States
West Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is that impossible?

If they sit: Drizzt - Artemis - Catti-brie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you're assuming the game ends before Drizzt takes a second turn?

EDIT: Maybe it's not made completely clear from my OP, but the following text outright states that this is so that teams alternate turns with the same team never repeating turns. This is not possible with three players and two teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tex Hammack

Spanish Fork
Utah
msg tools
mb
All 3 characters can work together to complete the adventure. It is just that Artemis is kept at arms length and given his own nifties to complete this quest. It is a fluff quest trying to depict Catti-brie and Drizzt not trusting Artemis therefore not sharing resources.

The team of Cattie-brie and Drizzt get 2 activations and the Team of Artemis gets 1.

Good guys - bad guy - good guys - bad guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Varloot
France
Meudon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlebRittie wrote:
"This is a team adventure. Drizzt and Catti-brie form one team, and Artemis Entreri is on the other team by himself. Sit at the table so that teammates are not next to each other."

Easy : invite a bunch of boyfriends/girlfriends and have them sit between the players. Not only it solves the issue for rules lawyers but it definitively makes the game more enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 is a triangle.. so 2 side are always together..
good1 - bad - good2- good1 - bad
i think the only thing is artimes gets his own XP pile.. not a group one..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I wish they had drawn a picture showing how they expected players to sit and play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
Now I wish they had drawn a picture showing how they expected players to sit and play.

They probably used this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nicolas debord
France
iffendic
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
or,
as Artemis hasn't got any healing surge for this adventure...
he plays between each other team members.

Drizzt, Artemis, Cattie, Artemis, Drizzt, artemis...

and he is seeking for a way out alone if possible...
better to win alone in this case no ?

so he can put monsters in the way of his "allies" as he goes for the exit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arcaril wrote:
Drizzt, Artemis, Cattie, Artemis, Drizzt, artemis...

Having tried the adventure, I'm convinced that this is the case. Don't forget that Drizzt/Catti get 2 healing surges and Artemis none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snerk
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, is there any general consensus on seating arrangements, and turn order for adventure 6?

I'm also not completely clear on if one team may directly attack the other. The adventure rules doesn't say anything about attacking, however the "read when you reveal glyph tile" states: "Freedom lies just ahead, but will Artemis Entreri turn on his allies before they can escape?"
Also, Entreri has a power card geared for attacking other heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snerk
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^bump?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Gloom of Kilforth Kick Starts August 28th
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The other adventures let you attack other heroes, so you could easily allow it here. And I reckon Artemis should get one turn per hero he is up against, but that's sadly not in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Bartheus
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I guess that most people play this so that the teams alternate turns (= artemis acts twice as often as the other heroes)? I've never played this scenario, but I just might do it with my gaming buddies next week. The thing is that we don't get to play as often as I like, and I would not want to waste a gaming session to play a bad scenario (or with broken/wrong rules)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bartheus wrote:
So I guess that most people play this so that the teams alternate turns (= artemis acts twice as often as the other heroes)? I've never played this scenario, but I just might do it with my gaming buddies next week. The thing is that we don't get to play as often as I like, and I would not want to waste a gaming session to play a bad scenario (or with broken/wrong rules)...

Assuming you played correctly, I would still say that a better competitive mission would be the one that pits Drizzt/Bruenor vs Jarlaxle/Athrogate. No doubts over actual turn order and imo, laughs are more assured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sound advice from the dragon. As usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Bartheus
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both, I guess I'll skip the adventure 6 for now. Maybe I'll try it sometimes on my own, as even though it is a competive adventure, the fact that these games have no hidden player information allows you to play for both sides. And if I play it alone, teammates are not seated next to each other! Scenario requirements fulfilled!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snerk
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group played this adventure a while back with normal turn arrangements (i.e. one turn per player per round), and allowing player on player attacks.
It worked out very well, easily the most fun adventure we've played yet. Artemis (me) lost, although it was very close.
Mind you, the teams didn't turn on each other until the end-game, had they clashed earlier, the two player team might have had a clear advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros
Greece
Thessaloniki (mostly), Trikala (sometimes), Meteora (at least once per Trikala trip), Athens (whenever possible), -how many more characters does it accept? Impressive! so I'm moving on with my list- Koromilia, Kavourotripes, Samothraki, Jogja, Bruxelles..
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
It's probably a blind copy-paste from adventure 11. I believe what they might have meant to say is to start in an alternating order (with Artemis as the second player), then of course they're going to play with a single activation each. If Artemis walks to a different direction he can be placing all the monsters on the other team's side, so if he activates twice (and so do his monsters), that could be devastating for the other team. Fighting between the players is not allowed, as it is a team adventure, not a competitive adventure and it doesn't mention the villainous heroes rule (page 15, rulebook).

Note to chromaticdragon: adventure 11 is also a team adventure, not a competitive adventure and it has no villainous heroes rule, so no fighting between the players there either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the 2nd statement under Adventure Setup does looks like it was blindly copied over.

tagar wrote:
adventure 11 is also a team adventure, not a competitive adventure and it has no villainous heroes rule, so no fighting between the players there either.

Adventure 11's objective states "Find the entry to Gauntlgyrm before the other team". Sounds competitive to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros
Greece
Thessaloniki (mostly), Trikala (sometimes), Meteora (at least once per Trikala trip), Athens (whenever possible), -how many more characters does it accept? Impressive! so I'm moving on with my list- Koromilia, Kavourotripes, Samothraki, Jogja, Bruxelles..
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Sounds competitive to me.
He! The same for co-operative and solo adventures then, since you compete with the game for survival!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.