Popular Tags: [View All]
M. B. Downey
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've run several play-by-email games of this, and want to introduce it to members of BGG. It's a vast improvement over standard diplomacy. And Italy and Austria are no slouches, either. They won the first two games I ever ran. Austria won in only six years, which is just sheer lunacy.

Anyway, if there's enough interest in this, I'll run a game. We can discuss posting frequency, but my PBEM games usually have a two week time period for each year, with spring and fall moves due on Tuesdays and summer and winter retreats/builds due on Thursdays. We could do this same schedule, or a more accelerated pace, depending on interest.

Any questions I can answer?

I should probably post a review...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt, I'd love to try the 1900 variant. I've been interested in it ever since I read about it, but never had the chance to give it a go. Do you plan a to play by forum or by email? If the former, how does that work?

Personally, I'd be just as happy with a slightly speedier game, but I don't mind so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, welcome aboard!

If we get enough people from here, I'll do a PBF. if not, I'll do a PBEM, since I know I can recruit some people for that who aren't on this site.

As far as how it would work, negotiations/communications would be via geekmail, with people submitting me their orders. I also highly encourage preliminary orders, in case one forgets about the deadline and so on. I'd adjudicate and post results after the deadline (and probably keep a geek list with the images). And the forum can be used for public white press and accusations, baseless or otherwise.

Afterwards, we can have in depth discussions about how the game went, and refer back to the various seasons easily enough.

I also like to have spectators for my games, and can probably convince some people who aren't playing to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Pretoria
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
Hi, welcome aboard!

If we get enough people from here, I'll do a PBF. if not, I'll do a PBEM, since I know I can recruit some people for that who aren't on this site.

As far as how it would work, negotiations/communications would be via geekmail, with people submitting me their orders. I also highly encourage preliminary orders, in case one forgets about the deadline and so on. I'd adjudicate and post results after the deadline (and probably keep a geek list with the images). And the forum can be used for public white press and accusations, baseless or otherwise.

Afterwards, we can have in depth discussions about how the game went, and refer back to the various seasons easily enough.

I also like to have spectators for my games, and can probably convince some people who aren't playing to do that.

I'd like to "spectate" if possible...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I know of a game or two that are starting up very soon of PBEM. If you want to play or observe, geekmail me your email address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.