Popular Tags: [View All]
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the "power" of the dwarf musician very underwhelming. (that person becomes the dealer).

The other powers of the knight and goblin musicians are subtle, but still offer some element of strategy.

We also find that we are always forgetting who has it at the end of the hand. Because really, who cares? It offers no tactical advantage.

My thought was to make it worth always worth +1 points in addition to becoming the dealer. That way people would look for it...
Anyone have a better idea?

Anyway, it's a minor nitpick for a game I enjoy very much.

Thx,
D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
It's indeed a clever way to make sure players take care of who wins the dwarf musician !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since in most trick-taking games, the lead goes to the left of the dealer, I think making that a rule would certainly make people more interested in where the green 5 goes during the trick. To avoid confusion and make it more interesting, the person to the left of the dealer in the next round is automatically dealt the red 5 as the first card in their hand, so that they lead the first trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:

My thought was to make it worth always worth +1 points in addition to becoming the dealer. That way people would look for it...
Anyone have a better idea?

I was thinking the dealer could also draw the quest token (without knowing which quest will be chosen), then draw three special cards and choose one of them to be played. The other two would be shuffled/given back to the pile of special cards, while the used one would be removed from the game after the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.