Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Yokota
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If my base is empty, is it possible to place a Special Forces unit next to my empty base (instead of in the base)? It seems like this is possible and maybe even required since Special Forces draw supply diagonally.

However, tonight I played the computer version and when I selected Special Forces, it only allowed me to place it in my empty base location. I was wondering if this was an oversight in the program or if it was the official ruling on placement. Any thoughts?

This looks like a great little game and I can't wait to play my copy F2F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
davidyokota wrote:
If my base is empty, is it possible to place a Special Forces unit next to my empty base (instead of in the base)? It seems like this is possible and maybe even required since Special Forces draw supply diagonally.

Reread the definition of "supply" on page 8.

If a unit draws supply diagonally, that means that (if you don't place it directly on your base) it must be placed so that it's diagonally adjacent to a supplied unit. An empty space (whether it's your base or not) is not a supplied unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Russ is correct. Any unit on your base is supplied; other units must draw supply from a supplied unit. Special Forces can draw supply from any diagonally-adjacent unit.

If your base is empty, none of your units are supplied -- thus, the only legal plays when your base is empty are a unit in the base (can be any unit), a Paratrooper (deployed without supply using its special rule) or an Air Strike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Yokota
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Thanks for the quick and detailed response Russ and Chad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.