Subject: A lion's lessons - Riverland Rescue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Dreske
flag msg tools

This one was very interesting.

My first impression was: I could never prevent that northern army from crossing
the river and taking my two points. They have archers and cavalry and Robb, the
invincible. So i opted for the village-“kill them all”-plan. I just had my two green
northern units approach the passage in the middle to gain some time.

Kevan started to attack the village, my red Spearsmen took care of the Dogs in the
building, and Adamwent to the northern part of the village. The red guys in the
southern building were a taff task, but with coordinated attacks and Kevans special
ability i finally got them out. Rickard, who had tried to help his units, was surrounded
by turn three. Starks big army had done little but starting to cross the river. Only a
lone cavalry unit went west to guard their objective.

It came all down to who would meet his instant-win-condition first. In the end, i
failed to capture lonely Rickard with a seven dice coordinated flanking attack, and
lost rigth after that for having no passages left under my control.

We both kind of ignored the win condition our enemy tried to fulfill. I should have
used that turn, to capture the passage in the west, with Adams special ability i could
even have forced Starks cavalry to retreat. Rickard would still have been there ready
to get captured.

Then again, i guess it was quite a mistake of Stark to not have Rickard flee, once
the clash in the village turned over in my favour. I would never have reached him,
had he joined the main army, and i guess Stark had quite a good position to take
the whole river (like he did).
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.