Battles of Westeros» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A lion's lessons - Battle of the green Fork rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Unlike the other scenarios, with this one i had no clue or plan or anything but to wait
for the Starks and react. Stark occupied the mountains quite quick and killed my archers,
but then we got some kind of a stall in the center. The northmen stayed on their hills,
afraid to come into my swordsmens killing-range. I didnt want to go forth, either,
cause being hacked at from a mountain seemed no fun. Gregor moved towards the enemy,
with him i didnt care for anything, i guess he is quite invincible. But slow.

So i decided to circle the central Stark force with my eastern cavalry messed a little
in their back while gathering the courage to attack those mountains. Once i got hold
of a hill myself, i could start coordinated attacks an clear the center.

Rickard moved east, and together with Robb he finished Adam and his men. They
took a marker from spot number 3 each, and one of those other guys snatched a 2.
It wasnt enough, though, i clearly dominated the center, Gregor stood like a mountain,
and Rickard and Robb could not carry more than one marker.

After i won, we talked about how the markers should best have been placed. Stark
had used all the 3-slots, thinking he would win on that flank easiest. That proofed
right, but he didnt have the men there to pick em up. I guess it might have been a
good idea to use the central 2-slots and get there quick. Even if the soldiers get killed
afterwards, the still can pick a marker before, and after all thats what you need here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Stormhammer
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you played this one again?

After playing as Lannister I lost in the third round as Stark picked up 4. My pet peeve is playing games 'just to see what happens' even though I have already lost. So we stopped. Overall, a terrible gaming experience with a game I love. So what went wrong?

Stark rushed at me, smartly.

He put 4 markers on the left flank with Gregor, one in the middle on the top center of the 2's and in the 3's the top right near the mountain.

He had a command 3 card, on the left flank ran two blue infantry and and Karstar near he top of the 1 area. I only had a command two, and start my defense. Moving the mountain and a green up, but keeping stalwart.

Then he used a command two card with Robb Stark and on the right flank moved two blue infantry two the top of the 2 section. Next turn, command two with the other blue infantry and rob toward Adam.

In the middle of turn two, following a rally all card, he had 3 markers. Some bad rolling by me (I had a red, +2 from Kevan, +1 from flanking tactic command card roll 1 hit- 7 dice - it was nearly all green attacking blue).

Adam was killed my Robb stark in round three. I lost that turn as Robb pursued onto the 4th marker.

OUCH!!!!

What is strange -- I've played the first three scenarios many times, thats it. After 4 plays of the first battle, 3 of the second, 4 of the 3rd. this was my first NEW experience. A very different battle.

It has left a bad taste in my mouth.

What is your thinking about this scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played again, yes, find the session report over here:
http://bgg.cc/thread/873237/stark-raving-battle-of-the-green...

I am not quite sure i understood what was going on in your session correctly, but i will just check your report and try to wrap my head around it.
Your opponent did not pick up two markers with Robb, did he?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.