Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin
United States
Union
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well i tried my first game of this today with three people. and i didn't really care for it i'm sorry to say. i haven't tried any trick taking games other than spades and euchre.

The main problem i had with the game was that with three players each round is 13 tricks. you win points by doing what ever the quest card says. Well if you have a quest like +4 points for each jack you take. All three jacks came out early and then the other 10 tricks that we played were meaningless because since jacks were gone there was no other way to score points.

I really want to like this game? is there something i'm not getting. you only score based on the quest correct?

Maybe doing 2 or 3 quests at the same time will be a simple fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Faulconer
United States
pittsfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played a variety of trick taking games this quickly became my favorite among them. The scoring and planning that is required for each round kept things interesting and made for a great game.

You do only score for the quest and sometimes for the extra card that is added in. Sometimes based on the quest and the bonus card this could happen. But it should only be for one of the seven rounds. Most of the quests will have you planning right down to the last trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Union
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll just have to try it some more i guess. other people suggested ending the hand when there are no possible points to get. Might do that or bring two quests out at once (although this could go wrong if you get some wrong combinations).

thanks for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
Of course, it can happen that there's no more points to win in a hand, so you can just stop and deal the next hand !
As for playing two simultaneous quests, why not, but it can make the game complex when my idea was to keep it simple. And some pairings might not be as good as others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dufresne
Canada
flag msg tools
Sometime at the last round it's impossible to reach the player who has the higher scores. What i think i will try is to add some hidden personal quest for each player.

Anyway, great game M. Faidutti it's a success with my family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.