Galaxy: The Dark Ages» Forums » Variants

Subject: Minimum hand size variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Hamen
United States
flag msg tools
Music sucks now....
I played this for the first time tonight, and am definitely curious as to what experienced players have to say.

In the game I played one player had the power which let you reserve half rounded up of another player. Also I drew a lot of technology cards (besides the 3 draw one lol), and I was governor of three different races, so people were able to steal cards from me by playing the 5 card on my race. Needless to say I got bullied down to one card which I had no choice in playing, and then drawing a card at the end of my turn. I made no decisions in the last turns of the game. My girlfriend was knocked down to about 3 or so cards, and the other player has 6!

The variant I propose is this: When drawing a card at the end of your turn you draw up to 3 cards if you have less than 3.

This may make the game more likely to end due to the deck running out, but because you can destroy ship cards pretty easily this games seems to be pretty likely to trigger game end by deck depletion anyway. This variant seems like it would give you at least a few decisions to make in the late game if you get horribly screwed by other players or drawing tech cards.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.