todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
my ithunderstone app gave me a very interesting mix tonight that i wanted to share with solo players. i am definitely going to write this scenario down to give it a 2nd go. i ended actually winning the game and defeating the guardian during it. one of the rare times i won actually.

what i find interesting is the mix of non-magic heroes, with a lot of monsters that take magic attacks only (and others that you need 4 or 5 heroes in one hand to attack). some weapons afford magic attacks like the cursed bow, which is quite effective, but with the special disease cards you pay a penalty.

here is the setup list:

Heroes:
Flame
Toryn
Drunari
Veteran

Village:
Trader
Quartermaster
Cursed Bow
Short Spear
Silverstorm
Skull Breaker
Soul Jar
Magi Staff

Disease:
Special

Monsters:
Elemental - Nature
Elemental - Pain
Bandi - Humanoid
Hydra - Dragon

Additionals:
Guardian of Strength
Trap - Dire
Ulbrick's Treasure
Amulet Treasure

Thunderstone:
Stone of Terror

will be curious to see what others think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jp
South Africa
Pretoria
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick note: for solo play you shouldn't be using the Magi Staff.

That said, it did look interesting so I dealt out the spread ad gave it a go. I'm a big fan of the Flame heroes so decided to go with them and the Drunari [cause they gave more light to boost the magic attack on the flame] other than that I decided on Traders to help thin and give card draw, as well as some Quartermasters [I usually buy one of each other card that I'm not stacking to give them more targets to draw into].

The game started off slow, and hit a small hiccough when both Hydras came out back to back. One breached, I killed the one behind it to prevent it's breach, and the fron t one eventually went on to terrorize the village. Couldn't do much there.

Once I levelled up some Flame the rest became rather easy especially with the card draw from the Traders and Ulbrecht.

The Guardian was actually easier to defeat than some of the other things in the dungeon, looking at you Fire Wrath! grr!

Fun setup if a bit long and slow with all the beefy monsters.
=D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
i know technically the magi staff should not be included but i just tend to ignore the parts of cards that do not work solo.

i also stack the monster deck with the 1exp, then 2, then 3 monsters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.