Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lonnie Kim
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so tonight i played a five player game of chinatown.

many of us finished large business relatively early. because of this the last turn (last two turns even) was rather anticlimactic since we had very little reason to trade (nobody really needed to get one last piece to finish something).

but then came the endgame scoring. one person had $900,000. i thought i had a good lead, but i also had $900,000. another person had $890,000, but realized they miscounted their income and need another $10,000. and well basically, we had a FIVE WAY TIE at $900,000.

seriously. a five way tie. now, i gave away my english copy earlier this year, but they had german copies at essen for just 5 euro, and i bought a new one there. so while i knew there was a tiebreaker, it was written in german, so we left it a tie.

what do you figure the odds of this are?

i was just astounded by this occurrence. and also sort of unsatisfied that our hour long game ended without resolution. and also pretty amused about all the little deals or decisions that could have given anybody an extra $10,000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Close monetary games (it seems to me) shows you're focusing well on using money as part of the deals. Newer players tend to focus more in business tiles and plots, which seems to lead to more divergent money scores.

Anyway, according to the English rules (Z-man / Filosofia ed.) the tie- breaker is whomever with the most shop tiles on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.