Popular Tags: [View All]
Regényi Mátyás
Hungary
Sopron
Győr-Moson-Sopron
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I want to buy this expansion, because it is the only one which is available here in Hungary. I have the original Descent only, no expansions yet. If I buy this expansion, will it be too easy for the heroes?

Okay, some things to consider: I do not like the original quests, I always play my own quests. I have printed out a lot of things from the expansions (corrupted terrain, lava, crushing walls, etc...)

Could you help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally love this expansion, feeling it's the best of the three "vanilla" expansions. The Feats do make it easier for the heroes, but if you're playing your own quests anyways then you can always alter those to make them more challenging. The Treachery in ToI helps counter the Feats, though I imagine the Treachery from the other 2 expansions are more useful.

I would say Get It. It's got the biggest board piece in the entire series, rules for being swallowed, a new Invisibility die, and indoor-to-outdoor tiles. It's a great expansion to own.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regényi Mátyás
Hungary
Sopron
Győr-Moson-Sopron
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... Okay, then. If the heroes are too overpowered, I can always use the Monster Compendium from Boardgamegeek to upgrade my monsters. Thanks!sauron

But I am still waiting for opinions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Sasso
Italy
Mondovì
Cuneo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this expansion just balance out the game in with the introduction of "Feats", but i must admit i've always played with not so good heroes. Maybe, with a balanced group of player, Feats just add too much for the heroesninja

-Lawrence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.