1 Posts

Loot» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Premiere Play - Loot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Tharp
United States
flag msg tools
Hobby game designer, please print and play my games!
I've had Loot for awhile now, I think I got it in a math trade or something, but my wife wasn't interested. We had a couple of friends over and I talked them into playing it while she put the baby down for the night. We read through the rules and thought we had a pretty good grasp of it so we set sail...

I dealt the cards and we were underway. I had a merchant ship so I played it, 4 coins. Alicia played a 2 skull-purple pirate ship to attack mine. Collin laid another pirate ship on my ship, 3 blue skulls. I decided to forfeit the ship and move on. I played a 8 coin merchant ship. Alicia played a 1-skull purple pirate ship tying it up. Collin played a 5-skull green pirate ship on mine. I played the admiral (1st draw, I know) on my own ship.
Alicia drew a card. Collin added a 1-skull blue pirate ship my first merchant ship and took it, thus giving me the 8 coin ship. Off to a good start.

We go back and forth, a few ties actually spanned several turns. Collin somehow putting out very few merchant ships and thus winning many of ours. He also ended up with 3 of the pirate captains, Alicia ended up with the other (She didn't end up being able to use it since she was saving it for the end and then didn't have the right color ship to use it with) When the draw pile was gone we noticed that Collin had pretty much only merchant ships left and thus Alicia and I had to fight for them. I let her take the first one, 2 coins (I figured he'd hold on to the high coins until last) Then I played my 2-skull yellow on his 4 coin merchant ship. Alicia played a merchant ship (I was puzzled, did they both only have merchant ships?) I had the perfect number of pirate ships to take each and every last merchant ship from them at the end. My final score? 34, but not the winner! Collin took me by 2 points!

Fun little card game, I think I can get a good strategy going for this game with a few more plays.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.