Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Hill
United States
Blacklick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the expansion but only German rules. Is anyone up for a quick translation?

Thanks,
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not positive but it looks like the text under the description section is a translation of what is on the card that comes with the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Director of Game Development at Cambridge Games Factory
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:
I am not positive but it looks like the text under the description section is a translation of what is on the card that comes with the expansion.

Asara: Die Gaben des Kalifen (The Caliph's Gifts), an expansion included in the 2011 Wolfgang Kramer Almanach published by Spielbox, can be used with both the basic and advanced Asara game.

For the basic game, five locations on the board (such as the middle section of the window and the +8 space of the bank) are marked with treasure chest markers. One card from a deck of 20 is placed face-up next to each space. Whenever a player goes to one of these spaces with a buyer, he takes the card, and executes the action shown on the card: acquire 4-6 gold, buy one tower tile of the depicted type (top, middle or bottom), earn two prestige points, or choose one buyer from the deck. At the end of each year, each location receives a new card (in addition to the ones still there).

In the advanced game, one of the spaces in the "House of the Lighted Windows" is marked with a treasure chest marker as well, and also receives cards with bonus actions. In addition, four cards are added to the deck which force a player to buy a lighted window at a cost of four gold when he visits the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
It looks like that isn't quite correct in the details.

I did a machine-assisted translation last week, I'll try to upload it this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
I finally got around to uploading my translation. Sorry for the delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Silka
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you put the translation here, because file is damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this is what the file contained (I had it saved on my computer)

The Gifts of the Caliph

This expansion can be used with the basic game, and also may be combined with the advanced version of Asara.
All normal rules remain in effect.

Preparation:
Place golden treasures on the five spaces shown:
The middle space of the Window area.
Two spaces of the middle part area.
The "1" space of the Building area.
The "8" space of the Bank

For the basic game, remove the four Gift cards with the lighted windows and use the remaining twenty Gift cards.

Shuffle the Gift cards and put them in a face-down pile next to the board. At the beginning of the game and at the start of each new year, randomly distribute the top five Gift cards face-up to the spaces marked with treasure chests on the board.

Execution
During the game, when a player places a buyer on a space with a Gift card, they get the card. The player will first execute the action of the card and then the normal action from the space. At the end of the year, if Gift cards remain on the board, they stay in place, and another Gift is added to the space.

Gift Effects:
The player must immediately select a buyer from the deck, add it to their hand, and reshuffle the deck.
The player takes the number of Asari shown from the stock.
The player must purchase part of a tower from the corresponding area.
The player immediately gains 2 prestige points.

Advanced Game
For the Advanced game, add the four Gift cards with the lighted windows to the other cards. Add an additional treasure chest to a space in the "House of Lighted Windows." Each year six Gifts are randomly placed on the spaces with the treasure chests.

Gift Effect
The player must purchase a lighted window for 4 Asari; choose from the stack, put it behind their screen, and reshuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
badge
sipio wrote:
Could you put the translation here, because file is damage.

The file is fine for me; the BGG file/photo server was down for a number of days, which would likely explain any issues you had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.