Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Regényi Mátyás
Hungary
Sopron
Győr-Moson-Sopron
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many people have different opinions about TOI monsters on BGG, so I start a tread about them.

MY opinions:

Wendigo: A useful melee monster with cool abilities. The look of it is really beautiful, but its name is confusing.

Shade: Useful abilities, finally the archers will use the "aim" order. They have a bit too large hands, but otherwise they are fine.

Lava beetles: More like lava praying mantises. I do not like them. They do not fit really into this icy environment. Oh well...

Ice wyrms: simply? A bit chinese-look and "Ghost" ability is confusing too (because it is not a ghost) but otherwise my favourite in TOI.

Medusa: FFG was brave and gave the traditional Medusa a new look. It is a bit weird. Well, my only problem is that they have 4 arms. With only 2 they would be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Salamanca
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matzi1 wrote:
Wendigo: A useful melee monster with cool abilities. The look of it is really beautiful, but its name is confusing.

The name is native American, from the Algonquin language, and refers to a specific flesh eating evil spirit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regényi Mátyás
Hungary
Sopron
Győr-Moson-Sopron
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radulla wrote:
matzi1 wrote:

The name is native American, from the Algonquin language, and refers to a specific flesh eating evil spirit.

I know. I saw that episode of Supernatural. What I say is taht they are usually depicted as some kind of Yeti. So, a human-like being.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.