4 Posts

Case Yellow, 1940: The German Blitzkrieg in the West» Forums » Rules

Subject: questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S B
msg tools
How do you control a hex?

What is a contested ZOC? From the example in 7.2, it would appear to be mutual overlapping ZOCs, but a definition would help.

From 4.1 c Combat Action Round sequence:
1. During a Combat Action Round the Active player attacks with
all, some, or none of his units adjacent to enemy units, Fortified
Lines or Defensive Works.

From 11.1a:
During a Combat Action the Active player attacks with all, some,
or none of his eligible units adjacent to enemy units or Fortified
Lines. First, resolve all current Engaged Results.

I'm assuming the omission of Defensive Works in 11.1a is an oversight.

Motorized vs yellow movement factor, in a couple of cases:

2-hex attack - 9.5b panzer and/or motorized units may ignore ZOCs.
11.2e yellow MA units may ignore ZOCs. Which is it?

end of move combat - 4.1 Move Action Round Sequence 4, all motorized units may attack.
11.6b all German yellow MA units may attack

Engaged result: so the allies attack and get an engaged result. On their turn, the Germans move and reinforce the hex. First step in combat phase is refight the engaged hex, with original allied attackers/German defenders. Get a Contact result. After this, can the Germans now attack as part of their combat phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will try to answer some, I am just starting to play it.

Quote:
How do you control a hex?

Having to be the last one to have passed through it without having another enemy unit (which has a ZOC) to be adjacent to the hex in question or move through it after you do.

Quote:
2-hex attack - 9.5b panzer and/or motorized units may ignore ZOCs.
11.2e yellow MA units may ignore ZOCs. Which is it?

There is no difference they are both the same, just stated differently.

Quote:
After this, can the Germans now attack as part of their combat phase?

Yes and if the German played a combat action, but one would still have to take other enemy ZOCs depending on what type of units were in the hex at the time (yellow movemented ones or black).

Quote:
What is a contested ZOC? From the example in 7.2, it would appear to be mutual overlapping ZOCs, but a definition would help.

Yes, that was a contested ZOC is two units from opposite sides have a ZOC extending into a empty shared hex.

Quote:
From 11.1a:
During a Combat Action the Active player attacks with all, some,
or none of his eligible units adjacent to enemy units or Fortified
Lines. First, resolve all current Engaged Results.

I'm assuming the omission of Defensive Works in 11.1a is an oversight.

One may not attack defensive works by themselves the only way to to destroy them is,
To have a airbourne unit land on them, move thought the hex which cost an extra movement point. I think that is what you were asking? And of course they are destroyed if the attacking unit advances into the hex after combat.
I hope this helps, I am no expert and someone may post after mine to overule my answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S B
msg tools
Well, motorized units have a red box around the movement factor. Some have yellow MFs, and some have black MFs, so they are not the same.

Do you have a rules citation for controlling a hex?

Good point on the Defensive Works; think you're correct there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Oger
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

My guess would be that 11.2e is just forgetting to include the "motorized" reference (it does in the 4.1 combat after mouvement description).

De facto it only concerns the OKH SST unit (the ARKO and the supply units have red box/black MA but are not likely to attack directly :)). Is this SST OKH unit with red boxed/black MA allowed to make a 2 hex attack together with a yellow unit MA while ignoring other enemy unit ZOC ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.