Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

I prefer the American cover, but both are very good. Now, I'd pay for a print of your TDC cover to stick on my wall...whistle

As would I. Any chance for prints Steve?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve paschal
United States
Mililani
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer
Well it works this way. Academy buys the cover art paintings from me and can make prints if they decide. Uwe and I have talked about this from time to time and there have been others who have asked for them.
I know Uwe would like to do the prints and I certainly have no objection...so its a question of timing and costs factoring. But if it happens we will let you all know. Thanks for your interest.

Here's a P.S. As far as the TDC cover goes, thats MMP. I sold them the image but the actual painting went to someone else. So chances for that being made a print is none and nil. Sorry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve paschal
United States
Mililani
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer

Here I've brightened the photo a bit and you can see that now its not so dull in comparison with the other painting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steve paschal wrote:

Here I've brightened the photo a bit and you can see that now its not so dull in comparison with the other painting.

Steve, Well done. My vote is still for the Banzai charge. Perhaps this could be for the second version, since the first is going to sell out quickly. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve paschal
United States
Mililani
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer
Well Academy can use it for a later edition if they wish...I painted two so they would have a choice. Thanks much for your kind remarks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve paschal
United States
Mililani
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer
After painting all this war stuff, I often feel an overwhelming compulsion to paint naked Hawaiian women in repose. Incidentally, I dont feel the need to explain that any further-----images of war do that to me. Thats why I don't attend wargame conventions on the mainland...

By the way just to clue some of you in, I'm going to do another D-Day Airborne cover for Academy Games,COH game the 'First men in' ...so Academy can have a reasonable choice between the two to use. Hopefully in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steve paschal wrote:
After painting all this war stuff, I often feel an overwhelming compulsion to paint naked Hawaiian women in repose. Incidentally, I dont feel the need to explain that any further-----images of war do that to me. Thats why I don't attend wargame conventions on the mainland...

By the way just to clue some of you in, I'm going to do another D-Day Airborne cover for Academy Games,COH game the 'First men in' ...so Academy can have a reasonable choice between the two to use. Hopefully in the near future.

Steve, do you ever sell your prints. And/or sign them? Yes, interested. (Especially the Hawaiian ones. whistle )

Edit, and then I went and found this site... here. All Hawaiian (not like mentioned above) but I could not find any of the military prints/paintings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve paschal
United States
Mililani
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer

Larry, I don't post my military artwork on my web page, mainly because its more or less extra specialty stuff I do. Heart and soul I'm a tropical seascape and landscape painter. But having said that, I actually paint just about anything.

I sell my paintings but don't do prints. The main reason is because i've never had to do them....I just sell my original artwork and I'm content with that. I'm not trying to be a wealthy artist, just being able to pay the rent is ok with me. Thanks for the inquiry and if there is anything you like to have painted let me know.

Steve

PS, you can go here to see more of my stuff on my wall photos on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1069718587314.2012...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are so many good paintings there that I can see being used for game covers. The Middle Eastern camel paintings could be used for some Euro game about caravan traders. The painting of Constantinople around the 1870's is probably the best candidate for some game that expresses the cosmopolitan nature of this grand city at that time. See that one forth from the bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve paschal
United States
Mililani
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer
As box cover art goes 'this' is one of my favorites...I think mainly due to the fact that there just isn't that many games published on the Pacific war so its a little rare when one gets the chance to depict it.

Plus, Im simply facinated by the Island battles, particularly Guadalcanal: I could easily do ten paintings all depicting scenes from Guadalcanal and not get bored with it....there was so much going on during those first 3-4 months of Marines landing there. I also wonder why more games are not done on this battle? The Japanese were certainly a worthy apponent.

I think the dramatic value of the battle for Guadalcanal in artwork would be so much of the struggle was at night....The terror of the battlefield in a jungle at night, well one can just imagine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve paschal
United States
Mililani
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer
"I like 'em both. How about the Banzai picture on the box, and the other one on the cover of the rulebook?"

Greg, interesting proposal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.