thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On November 25th 2011, there was second game playd, but not without some controversy.
The following is AnthonyNs.(Mexican) and my(French Imperialist), play of Puebla.
You will notice Mexican artilery in the trench. This is a mistake so we found out after via the terrain effects chart.
Another item you may notice are breastworks built by the Mexican on the right of their line. This I beleive to another mistake because there is no mention of breastworks in the terrain effect chart and the absence of section 15(engineering), in the scenario book. After some minor research on my part. I found out that the Mexicans did not built any breastworks at this battle. As far as I can find out. The Mexican brigades at the right of the line actually attacked.
But here we go anyway
The set up,

First turn, French line R to L,
Gambier bgd. puts out skirmishers to cover their advance from the Mexican arty. on the crest & in the center of the trenches. Which is defended by bgds. of L to R, Rojo & Alatorre. Coving their right with breastworks under construction is LaMadrid bgd. In rear support is Mendez bgd.
L'Heriller bgd. covers the center on the French line and is advancing to the woods and Breastworks of Berriozabal & Diaz bgds.
In advance and covering the French right is Hennique bgd. Unfortunately for me I cut off the battle already being joined by the French Imperialist calvary, Chasseurs d' Afique and Avvarez calvary. but coming in to support the calvary is the Allegre bgd. A very costly encounter for the French who windup losing their cav. and almost a whole bgd. between Hennique & Allegre.

Second turn, This is where it starts to get interesting.
As Gambiers skirmishers cover his right flank from any Mexican advance. Gambier takes the rest of the bgd. up the road and in between the summit and the woods/breastworks and is met by arty. and the bgd. of LaMadrid.
Not yet in the fight L'Heriller bgd. is still advacing up the center and supported by whats left of Hennique bgd.
Left to deal with the remaining Mexican cav. is the maining Allegre bgd.

Third turn, By Gambier funneling the bgd. up the road and in between good defences he ends up committing only one regiment at a time to the engagement. not good!
However reaching the engagment at this cridical time is L'Heriller bgd. Putting such pressure on the center of the Mexican bgds. of LaMadrid & Berriozal that the Mexicans are forced to commit the Mendez bgd.

Fourth turn, End of Game, Mexican Victory
After reforming their lines on the right the Mexicans lanuch a series of attacks with Mendez, LaMadrid & Berriozabal bgds. and colapses the L'Heriller bgd. and that forces the French to concede defeat.

see you soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Woody
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice AAR with great pix. This gives a very good idea of what this battle is about. I own Gringo, but not the expansion. Your AAR compels me to get it. Thanks.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Borodin wrote:
Nice AAR with great pix. This gives a very good idea of what this battle is about. I own Gringo, but not the expansion. Your AAR compels me to get it. Thanks.thumbsup
Thank you very much, however the breastworks are a mistake historicaly they were not built and there is no mention of them on TEC.
I say get the game if not for this scenario for the multiple games that come in one box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Woody
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Tom,

I just wanted to let you know that I did indeed buy the expansion, and look forward to digging into it. Interesting about the breastworks--wonder where they got that from.

I actually stumbled upon this AAR, and did a double-take when I saw my previous post! I'd forgotten that I'd made it, lol.

BTW, I've read several of your other AARs with Gringo; they're always a treat. I'm a big fan of the TSS system (GBACW?) and so find them very enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much Clay
It's a treat doing them.
FYI, we're playing GMT, DoW and I've post two session reports.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Woody
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, I will check them, your DoW session reports, out now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Borodin wrote:
Tom, I will check them, your DoW session reports, out now.
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Dickerson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've just started a VASSAL PBeM game of Puebla, of which I'm keeping a running AAR on on Facebook, in the VASSAL Wargamers Americas page. I've got the French, and I think there's a way to preempt Cinco de Mayo here...actually, more than one.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vassalwargamers/permalink/11...

I have a definitive French strategy for this, but don't want to yet spill the beans, in case my opponent playing Zaragoza is lurking and watching.

Feel free to watch events unfold, and do comment if you have a mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.