7 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Legion Devils too strong rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Papadopoulos
msg tools
Am I mistaken?

We played 3 times today. In all 3 matches there were legion devils out. In one game 2 players had the devils, meaning they activate in both player's turns.

When you explore, there appear 3 devils. All of them attack immediately with an enormous +11 attack. Only Vistra has a default +11. I have 16 armor. So they need 5+ to hit, that means 80% chance to hit, each of them.

Meaning of course that in almost all circumstances 2 of them will hit you. And there are quite many times that all 3 will hit. You open a tile and they do 2-3 damage and they have great potential to do that again next turn.

16 armor? Way too much. Why?

Each time devils came out, one of our heroes got crippled.

Why have they made them that strong? In my opinion they should have +8 attack (maybe +6?) or they should have been 2 of them.

Am I that mistaken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legion Devils are cripplingly powerful in solo but I've found them generally fair with 3+ players. It's usually worth using a daily to take them out, especially if there are two such cards out at once.

They're 3XP for a reason...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Link
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to agree with Chris. Just played a solo 5-character adventure, and three of the characters had devils. They were all in one spot, so I used a double move to haul balls out of there. One character ended up soaking a lot of the damage (the pally), but he held them off long enough for the other characters to get the win.

Oh, the bag of Caltrops helped too

Out of all the problems I've had winning this game (and there are many), Legion Devils are not high on the list. Last night me and two buddies tried to kick start a campaign three times, and got obliterated all three times. This was primarily due to encounters and sentries, not the devils.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are a 3xp threat. I find them fair in my experiences. True the initial appearance tends to hurt, but we hardly let them do it again. One area item or power will clean them out.

I also play a minimum of three heroes (solo or group).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that they are strong, but the fact that they each have 1 hp makes them a tad bit easier to deal with. If you have a flaming sphere on the board, you can take the devils out in one shot.

I don't think they're overpowered by any means, perhaps if they dazed on hit like the mouther, then I could see that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found that Tornado Strike is the bane of said Devil's existence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wizard also has an at-will attack that can target 2 enemies up to 1 tile away, that sounds like a great Devil-killer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.