Resident Evil Deck Building Game: Outbreak» Forums » General

Subject: DISAPPOINTED WITH THE QUALITY OF THE ARTWORK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Choong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just bought Resident Evil: Outbreak expansion. I like the base game. Compared with Thunderstone and Ascension (which I have both of the games and like them for their respective mechanics), this games add an element of unpredictability (you don't know which monster that will appear from the mansion) which creates an enjoyable tension among my group of gamers.

Also, this games forces you to think of the most effective combination of cards to build your deck according to the character you have at the start.

With the new expansion, it introduces the OUTBREAK mechanics which provides greater tension in the game play.

However, I was highly disappointed with the quality of the printed artwork. Many of the images seem so 'hazy' especially with blue Action cards. In addition, there are some white stripes that marred the image quality. Overall, it seems that those images have been scanned by a poor quality scanning machine and then later on printed on the cards.

Another gripe I have is that the card dividers that come with the box set only covers the Basic cards and the cards of the Outbreak expansion. It does include any separator for the other cards in the Base set.

For the price I've paid, I feel it doesn't seem to be worth it as compared to the other deck-building genre. Just want to know any of you guys who have the games faced similar problems and do you think we can do anything about it (especially with the quality of the artwork).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Sölvefjord
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the artwork to be ok. I kind of like the gloomy feel.

As for the dividers, I felt the same way. I guess thatBandai still has a lot of homework to do on this format of card games.

I did dividers for the base set which I printed and laminated. Works pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Resident Evil Deck Building Game: Nightmare has a storage box and dividers for the first four games' cards. They even fit sleeved.

The designer claims it will also hold the fifth expansion and that the sixth game will be a new base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
More info here:

http://www.bandaicg.com/residentevil/forum/showthread.php?18...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Glenshaw
Pa
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
DISAPPOINTED WITH THE ABUSE OF CAPS LOCK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dissappointed with the Quality of the Artwork
corkysru wrote:

DISAPPOINTED WITH THE ABUSE OF CAPS LOCK.

@ Patrick.
Sorry for the use of the capital letter. Was deeply disappointed with the cards I received. It looks like somebody have taken the image with a camera of a cheap mobile phone and then put the image on the card (see below). Also, you can see that some consistent white line that marred the image in all the action cards (you may have to click on the image to go to the image gallery and then look at them in the original size). Does anyone of you face the same problem with the cards?

Maybe, I'm having a wrong expectation that leads to my disappointment.

I apologize for the white space in the image. I don't know how to crop it using my current software. I am not that computer literate.

Does anyone know how I can resize this image in my post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylar Allinder
msg tools
I see what your saying with the art. The scratches were added to add to the design of the cards, to further the gloomy type of atmosphere. If the pictures were perfectly clear, it wouldn't quite fit with the rest of the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Kretzmann
Brazil
Jundiaí
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the artwork of the cards from the previous sets do justice from the original games of the series, with poor graphics. But like we can see at the cards inspired on the latest games (RE4 and forward), the graphics are too much better. I have high expectations for the upcoming expansions artwork, which will follow the release of the console games.

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.