Subject: Sieges (yet again) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Watters
United Kingdom
Newark
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
The printed English rules are, I think, clear on half the possible situations.. and less so on the others.

Have I got the following sequence right?

1. If there is more than one Viking on a siege engine (necessarily owned by more than one player, because each player can only place one per siege engine) then they must battle normally, one player's turn at a time, until no more than one is left.

2. No besiegers left (because of draws injuring both parties) on an engine? No siege from that engine.

3. One besieger left on an engine? They'll be a siege! (Even if one or both of the other siege engines has yet to be fought battles.)

4. If there are no defender(s) in the castle, both players must play-swap cards as usual, but the defender's will count as zero, i.e. the attacker will win and gains the usual benefits. No more siege from that engine.

5. On the attacker's turn (because the castle owner cannot choose to attack besiegers on hir turn), do a siege battle.

6. If the defender wins, the attacker is off to the field-hospital.

7. If it's a draw, both are off to the field-hospital (but the defender will be in the unmarked 'less than zero' ward and will come back at the very end of the turn).

8. If the attacker wins, the defender is off to the hospital (to one better ward than normal) and, even if there are other defenders left, the attacker gets the spoils according to what the difference in the battle was. No more siege from that engine.

Repeat as necessary...

N.B. It is not possible to skip having battles, in the hope that someone else will get rid of defenders - if you have Vikings that can battle or siege, one must do so each time it's your turn.

Finally, am I the only one who thinks of this game as 'Ecky-thump'? :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as far as i can tell yes you are playing correctly

and no i think it must be a purely northern thing (probably involving black puddings )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Johns
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unprinted wrote:

7. If it's a draw, both are off to the field-hospital (but the defender will be in the unmarked 'less than zero' ward and will come back at the very end of the turn).

If no defender then the defenders card ='0' - so how can there be a draw as the attacker card has to be at least a '1'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Goodall
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kenjohns wrote:
unprinted wrote:

If no defender then the defenders card ='0' - so how can there be a draw as the attacker card has to be at least a '1'?

Point 7 was dealing with a draw at a defended torp. Point 4 deals with an undefended one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.