Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started playing RftG with a co-worker over lunch recently, and this question came up: He questioned whether playing Pan Galactic Research would get him the Galactic Status goal (first 6-cost development), since PGR is specified as a 4-point development, and not a "?" development, where the goal has a "?" on it. The rulebook does say "6-cost ? development", but at the time it was printed, all 6-cost developments were "?"!

I hadn't even thought of this distinction before... What's the official ruling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pan Galactic Research +
It does not get the goal, as it's not a variable-scoring 6-cost development.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pan Galactic Research +
iklinck wrote:
I've started playing RftG with a co-worker over lunch recently, and this question came up: He questioned whether playing Pan Galactic Research would get him the Galactic Status goal (first 6-cost development), since PGR is specified as a 4-point development, and not a "?" development, where the goal has a "?" on it. The rulebook does say "6-cost ? development", but at the time it was printed, all 6-cost developments were "?"!

I hadn't even thought of this distinction before... What's the official ruling?

This actually is in the rules, p11 of the RvI rulebook...
Quote:
Pan-Galactic Research is a 6-cost development worth 4, not ? (with '?' inside a hexagon), VPs.
Placing it does not satisfy the Galactic Status goal (in expansion #1), but does count as 2 VPs for Galactic Federation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses! I missed that in the RvI rulebook...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.