Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my 4th game of Finca tonight with my son Casey. Just to set the stage, he always beats me at everything. And he's happy to do it.

I set up the board, taking great pains to make sure everything is random. We start playing and after a turn or two, Casey makes his first fruit delivery. This is when I first noticed that there were 4 one-fruit tiles showing. The reason I noticed was that Casey took all 4 of them, plus a 2-fruit tile. So the mystery is solved. The reason he wins and I lose is that he pays attention and I don't. Apparently. Who's kid is this anyway? He must have a preponderance of my best genes and none of the worst. That's it!

Of course, he takes the first bonus token worth 7 pts pretty quickly and I despair of ever completing a set. I can tell you I was watching like a hawk now. Looking for a one-fruit tile. And, oh happy day! One came up and I swooped in like the hawk I am, and scooped it up, taking the 6 pt bonus token. Phew! Maybe I had a chance, after all. But I look at Casey's ever growing pile of fruit bits and the butterflies dance in my tummy. So every possible turn, I deliver fruit and take tiles and try to catch up.

The end comes. Way sooner than I want. Oh I just want one more delivery! But 4 fincas are in place and the scores have to be tallied.

Casey, 68
Mom, 65

Yeah, he beat me again! But I learned my lesson. Next time...just wait until next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Soot Sprite
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting draw of tiles!

You must pay attention to these when placing your farmers. The first player is usually looking for a guaranteed delivery. The second player should watch what he is collecting, then set her farmers to maximise her fruit income over the next couple of turns.

Depriving your opponent of the bonus tiles can be very fun!

Glad you're enjoying the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good advice! Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.