Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This map looks like it would be great to make an Axis and Allies type game themed around the Islamic invasion of the West and the defensive Crusades to reclaim territory of the Holy Roman Empire!

Light Infantry A/1 D/1 Move 2 Cost 2
Heavy Infantry A/2 D/2 Move 1 Cost 3
Light Cavalry A/2(3) D/2 Move 3 Cost 5
Heavy Cavalry A/3 D/3 Move 2 Cost 7
Siege Engines A/4 D/1 Move 1 Cost 8

Trireme A/1 D/1 Move 4 Cost 8 Transport 2meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get Conquest of the Empire instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jon, great to hear from you!

I've never tried Conquest of the Empire. I'll give it a look. Thanks for the heads up.

Merry Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great catch Jon, I never thought of it before but you're right, the maps are really similar. And I agree, Conquest of the Empire is a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up: I finally got Conquest of the Empire and it is a great game. Got to play it last Friday night with a gaming buddy and it was interesting. He had played the old MB version and it was my first game. He built a huge navy while I went the route of building cities and connecting roads to move my troops. I started in Spain and he started in Egypt. There was some back and forth in North Africa, but most of the action happened around Italy. I had built a network of cities and roads with a fortified city every other territory...and garrisoned these fortified cities. He did a naval invasion against northern Italy and was soundly defeated, losing 2 generals in the process. I took advantage of this stroke of luck and raced eastward to hit his northern advance hard, nabbing another general and winning the game by resignation. I love the pieces. The combat dice work exactly backwards from the Memoir'44 combat dice, so it took a while to get used to them. Also, the power of combined arms made itself felt keenly.

I ordered the Journeys of Paul today from Amazon for $20 and free shipping (with a book and video I wanted). Can't wait to give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.