Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Pratama
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
DIY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, i just got this wonderful game yesterday, and i want to ask why is the English version doesn't have the 'Drink of Power' cards?
and what differences they make in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

You got the latest release, I got the original German release so I can't tell you whether the missing cards is a mistake or not, but they shouldn't really be missing, unless they aren't mentioned in the rules... weird.

So in the original game, what they do is adding a winning object to the team that is inferior in numbers when playing with odd number of players. So for example, if you play a 5 player game, and let's say you'd have 3 chalice players and 2 key players, then the drink of power would be a key already possessed by the key players. This helps balancing out the game and in fact works very well in my opinion... so I don't really know why they would have left them out in the English version....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played the English version. The rules state that, with un-even teams, the smaller team may declare victory with only two of the necessary objects instead of needing three. Sounds like this rule replaced The Drink of Power.

We've played with un-even teams several times and this seems to work well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pratama
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
DIY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah I see,

Thanks for the explanation,
well, i was just reading some summary of the rules in here and it mentioning about each player received 1 drink of power card.

so i was like checking up my copy to see if i actually missing some components, but i'm not, since in my rulebook there's nothing about Drink of Power.

thanks for clearing this, since no one brought up about the differences of both version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't worry about the Drink of Power cards. They are essentially just that ... the ability of the smaller team to declare victory with one less artifact (using the drink instead). It was just a visual element, cool, but not game-play relevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.