Hide
4 Posts

Wiz-War» Forums » General

Subject: Old version vs. New version: which to pick! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jebsoj gamer
msg tools
So, I own the old version of Wiz-War and it has long been my favorite game to play with friends. I have quite a large collection of games and I like to introduce new friends to board games in hopes that eventually I will be able to introduce them to Wiz-War. I plan to get the new version as well, but here is the question: which one should I introduce to my friends?

I know it is hard to pick since we have never played the new version yet. I've been excited to see the changes in the new version, but I think I will really miss the vague rules on the old version and just the old-timey feel of my old set. What do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
Brought to you by: The Legitimate Gamermen's Club
mbmbmbmbmb
jebsoj wrote:
I've been excited to see the changes in the new version, but I think I will really miss the vague rules on the old version and just the old-timey feel of my old set.

This sums it up for me. It might be an oldie; but its a goodie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given Fantasy Flight's track record, we may very well see vague rules in the new edition too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GregF wrote:
Given Fantasy Flight's track record, we may very well see vague rules in the new edition too.

Don't get me started on the Descent rule book...I was certain pages kept disappearing when I was looking for a rule!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.