$10.00
Recommend
24 
 Thumb up
 Hide
53 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » Feel the Love

Subject: FTLers: Post your Holiday Loot! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J'adore quand ils m'appellent Big Poppa
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
Imagine that.
badge
"You can only become slightly less embarrassing at Werewolf once you realize you are an abomination to the game like all of us." - dbmurph22
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks! My wife and I always open our gifts a couple of days early as we will be travelling a lot over the next few days. I thought we should have a thread dedicated to sharing what loot we got over the holidays. I will start!


Kitchenaid 12" Cast Iron


Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Master Butchers Knife


Lagostina Saute Pan















Santa really did a fantastic job this year, and yes I like to cook so all of these gifts are appropriate . My wife and I are blessed to be able to give as much as we do, especially when these times are so hard for so many.

Happy Holidays - Travis

27 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
If you have some sanity left...
badge
...come and join me in the tavern I buy you a mug of beer.
mbmbmb
nice gifts!
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Norris
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
My gifts from my family this year;
Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg!
Axis Empires: Dai Senso!
Death Ride Salerno: 16th Panzer

...and since my pre-order of Shenandoah: Jackson's Valley Campaign arrived close to the holidays it was added to the gift list. Got me a sticker activity for Christmas morning!

For the kids...toys, toys, and more toys. The list is really too long to cover for 4 children, but it will be a fun holiday for all of us!

Merry Christmas!
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beans
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My boyfriend and I opened our gifts last night. I won't be opening anything more until Tuesday...that will be "Christmas" with my kids, Mom, and stepdad......and my BGG secret santa!

My boyfriend got me an XKCD book along with a signed print of one of my favorite XKCD comics (he says it reminds him of me..........hmmm! lol):

27 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J'adore quand ils m'appellent Big Poppa
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
Imagine that.
badge
"You can only become slightly less embarrassing at Werewolf once you realize you are an abomination to the game like all of us." - dbmurph22
mbmbmbmbmb
nattitude wrote:
... a signed print of one of my favorite XKCD comics (he says it reminds him of me..........hmmm! lol):



Wow great gift!
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beans
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenberg wrote:
nattitude wrote:
... a signed print of one of my favorite XKCD comics (he says it reminds him of me..........hmmm! lol):



Wow great gift!


I agree, I was so so so excited!!!!
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
nattitude wrote:
My boyfriend and I opened our gifts last night. I won't be opening anything more until Tuesday...that will be "Christmas" with my kids, Mom, and stepdad......and my BGG secret santa!

My boyfriend got me an XKCD book along with a signed print of one of my favorite XKCD comics (he says it reminds him of me..........hmmm! lol):



I have to wait until Tuesday as well for most of my presents as that is when I will be with my mother, brother, sister and nieces, although I have bought myself Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) which I have wrapped up and will be sneaking under tree

Regards

Gnome
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canadian Dave
United States
Lehi
UT
flag msg tools
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
From

My parents: $50 in my checking account.
From BGG Secret Santa: Earth Reborn and Arkham Horror Cuthulu Dice
From myself from U.S. Amazon (I'll get them when I go home): Big Boggle, Quarriors!, three expansions for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (Now I just need to buy the base game)

Gotta love living away from everyone in a foreign country.
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beans
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnome01 wrote:
nattitude wrote:
My boyfriend and I opened our gifts last night. I won't be opening anything more until Tuesday...that will be "Christmas" with my kids, Mom, and stepdad......and my BGG secret santa!

My boyfriend got me an XKCD book along with a signed print of one of my favorite XKCD comics (he says it reminds him of me..........hmmm! lol):



I have to wait until Tuesday as well for most of my presents as that is when I will be with my mother, brother, sister and nieces, although I have bought myself Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) which I have wrapped up and will be sneaking under tree

Regards

Gnome


I need to start wrapping gifts for myself just to be silly...I would totally act surprised, too! =D
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Kristin L. Johansen
United States
Mountain Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
Happy Thanksgiving!
badge
I swear on my pretty floral bonnett...
mbmbmbmbmb
nattitude wrote:
Gnome01 wrote:
nattitude wrote:
My boyfriend and I opened our gifts last night. I won't be opening anything more until Tuesday...that will be "Christmas" with my kids, Mom, and stepdad......and my BGG secret santa!

My boyfriend got me an XKCD book along with a signed print of one of my favorite XKCD comics (he says it reminds him of me..........hmmm! lol):



I have to wait until Tuesday as well for most of my presents as that is when I will be with my mother, brother, sister and nieces, although I have bought myself Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) which I have wrapped up and will be sneaking under tree

Regards

Gnome


I need to start wrapping gifts for myself just to be silly...I would totally act surprised, too! =D


That's a great idea. I could wrap up the book I just read. Or a half-empty bottle of perfume. Do you think my kids would notice the things aren't new if I at least had some presents to open?
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beans
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VikingPrincess wrote:
nattitude wrote:
Gnome01 wrote:
nattitude wrote:
My boyfriend and I opened our gifts last night. I won't be opening anything more until Tuesday...that will be "Christmas" with my kids, Mom, and stepdad......and my BGG secret santa!

My boyfriend got me an XKCD book along with a signed print of one of my favorite XKCD comics (he says it reminds him of me..........hmmm! lol):



I have to wait until Tuesday as well for most of my presents as that is when I will be with my mother, brother, sister and nieces, although I have bought myself Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) which I have wrapped up and will be sneaking under tree

Regards

Gnome


I need to start wrapping gifts for myself just to be silly...I would totally act surprised, too! =D


That's a great idea. I could wrap up the book I just read. Or a half-empty bottle of perfume. Do you think my kids would notice the things aren't new if I at least had some presents to open?


You should totally do that - I bet they wouldn't notice! haha!

Confession: Some of the things I got my children are from Goodwill. HOWEVER, the items are 1) brand new/still in package and 2) something I know they would like (not "oh this is new, this will do" lol). It was more like "OMG Braden would LOVE this!" So, technically, they are getting some "used" items.

Sure helped out on the Christmas budget, and since I started in September, it made a huge difference. Much harder to find brand new children's items at Goodwill in December. =D
24 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Kristin L. Johansen
United States
Mountain Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
Happy Thanksgiving!
badge
I swear on my pretty floral bonnett...
mbmbmbmbmb
nattitude wrote:
VikingPrincess wrote:
nattitude wrote:
Gnome01 wrote:
nattitude wrote:
My boyfriend and I opened our gifts last night. I won't be opening anything more until Tuesday...that will be "Christmas" with my kids, Mom, and stepdad......and my BGG secret santa!

My boyfriend got me an XKCD book along with a signed print of one of my favorite XKCD comics (he says it reminds him of me..........hmmm! lol):



I have to wait until Tuesday as well for most of my presents as that is when I will be with my mother, brother, sister and nieces, although I have bought myself Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) which I have wrapped up and will be sneaking under tree

Regards

Gnome


I need to start wrapping gifts for myself just to be silly...I would totally act surprised, too! =D


That's a great idea. I could wrap up the book I just read. Or a half-empty bottle of perfume. Do you think my kids would notice the things aren't new if I at least had some presents to open?


You should totally do that - I bet they wouldn't notice! haha!

Confession: Some of the things I got my children are from Goodwill. HOWEVER, the items are 1) brand new/still in package and 2) something I know they would like (not "oh this is new, this will do" lol). It was more like "OMG Braden would LOVE this!" So, technically, they are getting some "used" items.

Sure helped out on the Christmas budget, and since I started in September, it made a huge difference. Much harder to find brand new children's items at Goodwill in December. =D


My children get things from Goodwill, DAV, the Salvation Army, our local thrift store in my small hometown, yard sales, and eBay. Many of them are used, and I've taught them that's okay. I clean everything, bleach and disinfect, etc., whatever it takes, and so it doesn't really matter if it's new or not.

I explain it this way - first, it's recycling, and we're helping to save our environment, next, I'm saving money which helps for trips to McDonald's, gas to go to the park, etc., and finally, it means they get more gifts than if I had to buy things new from the 'regular' stores.

I started young, so I'm sure that helped. But either way, you definitely have nothing to be ashamed of by getting some of their gifts at Goodwill. That's a smart move!
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Stewart
Canada
Saint John
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wife & I just finished our own christmas before heading out to see the inlaws.

I got:
- A ticket to the Black Keys show in Portland, ME!!
- Black Keys T-shirt
- New Converse Sneaks!
- New Hoody!
- New Sweatpants for maximum study-comfort!

23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great gifts all. Some nice loot there!
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beans
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VikingPrincess wrote:
nattitude wrote:
VikingPrincess wrote:
nattitude wrote:
Gnome01 wrote:
nattitude wrote:
My boyfriend and I opened our gifts last night. I won't be opening anything more until Tuesday...that will be "Christmas" with my kids, Mom, and stepdad......and my BGG secret santa!

My boyfriend got me an XKCD book along with a signed print of one of my favorite XKCD comics (he says it reminds him of me..........hmmm! lol):



I have to wait until Tuesday as well for most of my presents as that is when I will be with my mother, brother, sister and nieces, although I have bought myself Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) which I have wrapped up and will be sneaking under tree

Regards

Gnome


I need to start wrapping gifts for myself just to be silly...I would totally act surprised, too! =D


That's a great idea. I could wrap up the book I just read. Or a half-empty bottle of perfume. Do you think my kids would notice the things aren't new if I at least had some presents to open?


You should totally do that - I bet they wouldn't notice! haha!

Confession: Some of the things I got my children are from Goodwill. HOWEVER, the items are 1) brand new/still in package and 2) something I know they would like (not "oh this is new, this will do" lol). It was more like "OMG Braden would LOVE this!" So, technically, they are getting some "used" items.

Sure helped out on the Christmas budget, and since I started in September, it made a huge difference. Much harder to find brand new children's items at Goodwill in December. =D


My children get things from Goodwill, DAV, the Salvation Army, our local thrift store in my small hometown, yard sales, and eBay. Many of them are used, and I've taught them that's okay. I clean everything, bleach and disinfect, etc., whatever it takes, and so it doesn't really matter if it's new or not.

I explain it this way - first, it's recycling, and we're helping to save our environment, next, I'm saving money which helps for trips to McDonald's, gas to go to the park, etc., and finally, it means they get more gifts than if I had to buy things new from the 'regular' stores.

I started young, so I'm sure that helped. But either way, you definitely have nothing to be ashamed of by getting some of their gifts at Goodwill. That's a smart move!


I'm totally excited about it - and it helps that my kids think that goodwill is the bee's knees!

My kids have always been pretty happy with anything they're given, so that's helpful, too. Sure makes it easier, doesn't it!?
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobbit DM
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea! Will post my loot when I get one
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
VikingPrincess wrote:
nattitude wrote:
VikingPrincess wrote:
nattitude wrote:
Gnome01 wrote:
nattitude wrote:
My boyfriend and I opened our gifts last night. I won't be opening anything more until Tuesday...that will be "Christmas" with my kids, Mom, and stepdad......and my BGG secret santa!

My boyfriend got me an XKCD book along with a signed print of one of my favorite XKCD comics (he says it reminds him of me..........hmmm! lol):



I have to wait until Tuesday as well for most of my presents as that is when I will be with my mother, brother, sister and nieces, although I have bought myself Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) which I have wrapped up and will be sneaking under tree

Regards

Gnome


I need to start wrapping gifts for myself just to be silly...I would totally act surprised, too! =D


That's a great idea. I could wrap up the book I just read. Or a half-empty bottle of perfume. Do you think my kids would notice the things aren't new if I at least had some presents to open?


You should totally do that - I bet they wouldn't notice! haha!

Confession: Some of the things I got my children are from Goodwill. HOWEVER, the items are 1) brand new/still in package and 2) something I know they would like (not "oh this is new, this will do" lol). It was more like "OMG Braden would LOVE this!" So, technically, they are getting some "used" items.

Sure helped out on the Christmas budget, and since I started in September, it made a huge difference. Much harder to find brand new children's items at Goodwill in December. =D


My children get things from Goodwill, DAV, the Salvation Army, our local thrift store in my small hometown, yard sales, and eBay. Many of them are used, and I've taught them that's okay. I clean everything, bleach and disinfect, etc., whatever it takes, and so it doesn't really matter if it's new or not.

I explain it this way - first, it's recycling, and we're helping to save our environment, next, I'm saving money which helps for trips to McDonald's, gas to go to the park, etc., and finally, it means they get more gifts than if I had to buy things new from the 'regular' stores.

I started young, so I'm sure that helped. But either way, you definitely have nothing to be ashamed of by getting some of their gifts at Goodwill. That's a smart move!


I am with you all the way on this one.

I have given my kids many a second hand item form ebay, especially when it come to computer and console games and I very rarely ever buy computer games when they first come out. From my kids perspective it makes the difference between getting a small number of new items to a nice hall of second hand ones, I have never had any complaints from them from that respect.

Regards

Gnome
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Kristin L. Johansen
United States
Mountain Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
Happy Thanksgiving!
badge
I swear on my pretty floral bonnett...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones, and I'm glad that both of you have such awesome kids like mine.

I couldn't find anything to wrap up for myself, but I'll have homemade cards from the kids, and that's better than anything purchased anyway.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the haul for today, I have added the board games to my geeklist Gnome01's 2011 Board Game Purchases as well.

I got Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) for the rest of the family (although they appeared more surprised than I was). I also got a bottle of whiskey and a Tolkien calender.

My wife got a stack of back issues of Fortean Times (www.forteantimes.com) on CD and a book on Formula 1 racing.

My son Tom got Battlestar Galactica: Pegasus Expansion and Battlestar Galactica: Exodus Expansion but not the base game (does that make me evil devil)

My other eldest son got a laptop (combined Christmas and birthday present)

My daughter got some Pirate Plank, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 for her DS and a display case for all her crystals.

My youngest son got a Nintendo DS Lite, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (he got Pearl) plus a load of accessories for his DS.

My daughter

That is the haul so, more presents for the kids though when we go visiting relatives.



Regards

Gnome
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobbit DM
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, Nick! Esp Tolkien calendar
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
nadgamgee wrote:
Wow, Nick! Esp Tolkien calendar


I have been collecting them for years (about 3 decades anyway), it is one of those things that is always on the top of my wish list.

Regards

Gnome
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobbit DM
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnome01 wrote:
nadgamgee wrote:
Wow, Nick! Esp Tolkien calendar


I have been collecting them for years (about 3 decades anyway), it is one of those things that is always on the top of my wish list.

Regards

Gnome


Will bear it in mind whistle Photos of your calendar collection, please!
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got some money, a pair of tights (from granny ), a mug with a photo of me kissing a frog statue, a frog Christmas tree ornament and a frog figure. Yes, I collect frog stuff - if you haven't already guessed!


I think think a clean, well-kept second-hand gift that the donor put some thought into is worth more as much as - if not more than - all the expensive new stuff that is given mindlessly. It's sad how much perfectly fine stuff gets thrown away.
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
nadgamgee wrote:
Gnome01 wrote:
nadgamgee wrote:
Wow, Nick! Esp Tolkien calendar


I have been collecting them for years (about 3 decades anyway), it is one of those things that is always on the top of my wish list.

Regards

Gnome


Will bear it in mind whistle Photos of your calendar collection, please!


You might have to remind me in the new year, but I will see what I can do.

Regards

Gnome
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
mb
My parents got me an AppleTV, a Lodge enameled cast iron dutch oven, a few sweaters, and some chocolates.

My brother bought me Armageddon: The Battle for Germany, 1944-1945 by Max Hastings.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.