Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't too much activity here so I wonder. I recently played it at a board gaming event. I own the game and hope to play it again soon. I find it a unique game with a creative victory condition. I'm getting tired of the eurogames with their victory point system. Waving 3 times at a parade... yeah that's different and I like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played with my kids over the summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beer be with you.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
Settlers of Catan does not improve with your house rules. The best option if you don't like the rules as written is to just select another game.
mb
We play every now and then. I definitely would play more often but only two of us really like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
We used to play this a lot, and used to have tons of fun with it.

Nowadays, with so many new and exciting games around, it does not see many plays. soblue Although, I still consider it a classic - especially the Swiss version!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Ritchey
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it a few times in the last couple years. More often, it's the game I wish we were playing, and I always have it ready to go. It doesn't have any rivals. It started as the game I suggested when we had 6, but I now want to play it even with 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mbmbmbmbmb
britchey wrote:
It doesn't have any rivals.

Except Container.

Actually, Kremlin is a great game. I've played 5 or so times and it is a blast every time. The only downside is that I still have no idea of what I'm supposed to do, strategy-wise. So, I go into every game knowing I'll have fun, but knowing that there's no way in hell that I'll win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually just introduced my nephew in law to the game. From what I have heard now every time he sees my brother he wants to play. Since he is only in his 20s maybe I can get something started around here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
Try to spread it around as best I can. I really enjoy it, and I know a few around here who do too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Six of us played this last night and had a blast. The last time I played was almost exactly 20 years ago in college, just after Gorbachev's resignation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beer be with you.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
Settlers of Catan does not improve with your house rules. The best option if you don't like the rules as written is to just select another game.
mb
zonk67 wrote:
Six of us played this last night and had a blast. The last time I played was almost exactly 20 years ago in college, just after Gorbachev's resignation.

He got to wave but it was a wave good bye!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kjamma4 wrote:
zonk67 wrote:

This reminds me of a joke.

Scene: A bread line in Soviet Russia, c. late 1980s.

As the grim queue shuffles along, one prole says to the other, "I've had it with these long lines! No bread, no toilet paper! I'm going to assassinate Gorbachev!" His somber friend mumbles and nods in assent as the first prole disappears into the fog with murder in his eyes.

The next day, the same two proles are back in the bread line. The second says, "Hey, I thought you were going to assassinate Gorbachev?" The first replies, "I tried, but the line was too long."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
kjamma4 wrote:
zonk67 wrote:

This reminds me of a joke.

Scene: A bread line in Soviet Russia, c. late 1980s.

As the grim queue shuffles along, one prole says to the other, "I've had it with these long lines! No bread, no toilet paper! I'm going to assassinate Gorbachev!" His somber friend mumbles and nods in assent as the first prole disappears into the fog with murder in his eyes.

The next day, the same two proles are back in the bread line. The second says, "Hey, I thought you were going to assassinate Gorbachev?" The first replies, "I tried, but the line was too long."

In Soviet Russia, the lines have you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't played in a while, but we're planning to give it a go on Saturday. It is a great game.

If I may take this opportunity to make a shameless plug: our forthcoming game Chicken Caesar was inspired by my desire for a less random version of Kremlin. It does use victory points (sorry), but the jockeying for position, shameless exploitation of ambitious bureaucrats, and all-around nastiness will be familiar to Kremlin players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinley Engvalson
United States
West Palm Beach
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played it again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Lathlain
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it last Saturday.

A thematic bloodbath of intrigue!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever I introduce it to new people they usually seem to vow never to play it again. It is quirky. And like someone else said it's hard to get the strategy. I've played it twice in the past 3 months and both times I felt I was hardly involved in the game, simply picked the wrong dudes to put IP on.

Can someone help me with the victory conditions? If no particular party waves 3 times then the game seems to suggest that the party with the highest ranked politician wins regardless if that party has any waves or not.

So a party with 2 waves could possibly lose to a party with no waves? Is that intentional so everyone is in it until the last moment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also really enjoyed the game, but never felt like I had any control. I have played it maybe six or so times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bestia immonda
Italy
bologna
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:

Can someone help me with the victory conditions? If no particular party waves 3 times then the game seems to suggest that the party with the highest ranked politician wins regardless if that party has any waves or not.

So a party with 2 waves could possibly lose to a party with no waves? Is that intentional so everyone is in it until the last moment?

Yep, that's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is many questions you are asking comrade. It would seem that you are questioning our beloved and benevolent workers party leaders uncompromising truth when they have clearly stated that Kremlin is the most played game in the enlightened world. Only in the decadent ally of the most repressive and unenlightened bourgeoisie profit merchants of our imperialist enemies is such ridiculous and unfounded utterances that Kremlin is perhaps rarely played.

I wonder comrade how it is you have been exposed to such subversive ideas..... tell me, that coat you are wearing,.... is it rated for -50? I do hope so....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.