Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (LCG)» Forums » General

Subject: 7-year old creates "expansion" cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessica Block
United States
California
flag msg tools
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was too charmed and tickled not to brag, ahem, share. My 7 year old son spent his evening creating LOTR LCG expansion cards. One "Caught in the Trees" treachery card inspired by The Hobbit and one Balrog, one hero card (an as of yet unnamed rider of Rohan) and other allies and attachments.

He determined sheild and attack numbers, powers and consequences, etc. He drew their pictures and even colored the backs of the cards orange with an eye and brown with a ring. And if all that wasn't good enough, he even sleeved them.

Yeah, we'll keep him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you!
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on, pictures! ^_^

That's awesome though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Block
United States
California
flag msg tools

The first is the Balrog complete with wings. There are allies for each deck (complete with symbols). And Caught "cot" in the trees is the first on the bottom.

We don't have a TV, and he hasn't seen the movies so all of his imagery is from the game and his imagination from reading The Hobbit, (and eavesdropping on Dad and I when we talk about LOTR).

Not sure he we be an artist when he grows up but perhaps a game designer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you!
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are the most awesome things ever!

Too friggin adorable! ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke of Lizards
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am a breathing time machine
badge
We're all in this together, and we love to take a bath!
mbmbmbmbmb
He and my 6-yo daughter should team up. She draws Sauron's eye all over the place, and even designed her own LotR board game. Thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.